Is it possible to install a banned iphone app that I purchased and deleted?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Somebody1, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Somebody1 macrumors newbie

A little while back I purchased the Wififofum app from the itunes store. It's a wifi stumbler that was banned a little while ago, and somewhere along the way I must have deleted it from my itunes directory.

Is there any way to get this application back onto my iphone at this point without jailbreaking it? I've found an .ipa file for this app, but when I try to sync it tells me it couldn't because an unknown error occurred. I'd really like to keep my iphone legit and have this app at the same time.

Thanks.

2. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

3. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not that I know of. Other than finding your original ipa, JBing is the only way.

4. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

If you just deleted the app from your iTunes app library, but selected to keep the .ipa file, which sounds like you did, all you have to do is add it back to the app library and sync the phone. in itunes select "add to library" and browse to the ipa, double click it and it should restore it to your library. I'm still using WiFI Trak .:D