Is it possible to install old versions of iMovie on newer generation MacBook Pro's?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nicholasandre, Jun 23, 2009.

1. nicholasandre macrumors newbie

I have purchased a new MacBook Pro 15" and I should be receiving it in the mail any time.
    On my old mac i have several iMovie 05 project files. In fact. I have ALOT. But after using it on my dad's computer i see that iMovie 08 (and i'm assuming 09) is not able to read the old iMovie 05 project files. is it possible to get rid of iMovie 09 on my new mac, (becuase i dislike the newer iMovies) and install the old iMovie 05? I know it's from a while back.

ALL HELLP IS APPRECIATED! THANKS ALL!

2. illegallydead macrumors 6502a

illegallydead

So long as you can find it, there should be nothing stopping you from installing an older version. Last time I checked though I think iMovie '06 HD was the last thing you could download, and Apple may have pulled that off their site.

Good luck.

3. Pomeroy macrumors 6502

Pomeroy

4. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

That's an update. Read the page. And you've got to get iLife '06 to get iMovie HD 6, otherwise what's stopping '05 users from getting that? :rolleyes:

You can't get '06 from Apple anymore.