iPhone Is it possible to install XBMC plugins on iPhone, then airplay to an Apple TV3?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by icebergx, Feb 8, 2013.

1. icebergx macrumors regular

Hi all,
    just wanted to see if it's possible to install XBMC onto a jailbroken iPhone and install the various plugins, that are normally available on jailbroken Apple TVs, etc.
    Assuming this is possible, would it be able to Airplay the content appearing on the iPhone, to an Apple TV?

Thanks.

2. oohitztommy macrumors member

this is what i did for my ipad2. i installed displayout from the cydia store and airplayed xbmc from my ipad2 to appletv3. i dont think displayout has an update for ios 6.1 yet

3. dapitts08 macrumors regular

i use plex but i installed UnrestrictPremium in cydia to be able to airplay hbo go....

not sure what plugin in specifically you are looking to stream but this tweak allows several to stream via airplay that otherwise were blocked.

4. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

The iPhone 5 with Xbmc and Fullforce installed to make XBMC iphone 5compatible. This solution almost fills my entire big screen instead of a little box like my ipad mirrored to it.

5. icebergx thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhh... OK... So there isn't an XBMC tweak/app on Cydia already? You have to install FullForce/UnrestrictPremium/Displayout first?

To be honest, I'm not sure which plugins I will use. I've heard a lot of good things about the potential programs, movies and other content you can view via plugins, so I thought I'd give it a go and see what happens :)

Is there a particular tweak/app that will allow me to get XBMC on my iPhone 5, that's considered more stable/better than than the others?

6. wknapp0924 macrumors 6502

Google XBMC Cydia. They have a source for XBMC IOS. Works perfect, but it is not formatted yet for iPhone 5 so I recommend full force and the extended size mirrors bigger on a HDTV. My Plex movies looke pretty good. I have JB Apple TV 2 though so no need for me.

Unrestrict Premium is for HBOG, Amazon, TWC APPS. It actually crashes my XBMC.
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=How-to:Install_XBMC_on_iPad/iPhone/iPod_touch