Is it possible to JB AND unlock with redsnow 0.9.9b9d? (3gs)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mattyk182, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Mattyk182 macrumors member

So I want to jb and unlock my 3gs so it can be used on T-mobile. It's running iOS 5.0. I'm reading on this tutorial I found on google that If I jailbreak with redsnow, I'm risking losing my baseband and not being able to unlock. I honestly don't know what baseband is but my question is: Is there any known way to jb and unlock a 3gs on 5.0? Any answers would be much appreciated.

----------

I just found this link. Is this what I should be using? http://www.limera1n.cc/2011/10/download-redsn0w-099b5-with-custom-ipsw.html

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Use Tinyumbrella to find out what firmware and baseband its on right now.
    Yes there is a JB for 5.0 but its tethered. And there is an unlock option by installing the ipad bb but it comes with lots of side headaches.

3. Mattyk182 thread starter macrumors member

What is the exact procedure to jailbreaking and unlocking? Would you be able to post some links for me and a little tutorial. It would really help. I've jb phones before but this seems to be way more complicated than the past and I don't want to mess the phone up.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. Mattyk182 thread starter macrumors member

I just realized I posted this in the wrong forum :confused: Can the moderator please move this to the hacks section?

----------

Thanks so much for the help. So using ultrasnow will unlock the phone automatically or do I have to download the iPad baseband somewhere else?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Welcome, depends on what baseband version you have now.
    Ultrasnow unlocks the following basebands on the 3GS: 04.26.08, 05.11.07, 05.12.01, 05.13.04, and 06.15.00
    If yours is not one of them your only option would be to install and update to the ipad bb version 06.15.00, but up to you. I dont like or recommend that option.