iPhone Is it possible to log into my Apple account at the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by lsquare, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lsquare macrumors 6502

I haven't used an iOS device since the iPhone 5. I am thinking of moving back to iOS after spending some time with my Nexus devices. In the mean time, I have some app coupon codes that I want to redeem. Unfortunately I don't have any other iOS devices in my house. Pretty much all of my friends are using Android and Windows Phone. I am afraid that those codes may eventually expire if I don't use them. Is it possible for me to go to the Apple Store, take one of the demo iPhone units, log into my Apple account (my account should still exist even though I haven't logged in since I sold my iPhone 5), redeem the coupon codes, or even buy apps, and then sign out of my account?

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

why not just redeem them within itunes on your computer?

3. lsquare thread starter macrumors 6502

Is that even possible? How do I do that? I don't see an option to do so.

There is also an app that I want through the Apple Store app. I don't think I can do that from a computer.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

5. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Ok so I am really curious and confused here. If you don't have any iOS devices, why exactly are you trying to get an iOS app and what are you planning on doing with it?

6. aristobrat macrumors G5

From his OP, he says he's thinking of moving back to IOS eventually, and he doesn't want the app coupon codes that he has to expire.

OP, granted it was a few years ago, but when I worked for Apple Retail, the demo units wouldn't let you sign in/out of the App/iTunes stores. That option was disabled so people couldn't enter their account information on them.

7. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

Ah noted. So iTunes sounds like the way to go then.

8. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Failing that, do you have a friend who has an iOS device?

What's your email/password? ;) jk