Is it possible to play songs bought from iTunes on a mobile phone (like Nokia 6300)?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by captan, Jul 2, 2007.

1. captan macrumors member

Pretty good topic title eh? Not much left for me to say here. Answers anyone?

I've bought lots of songs on the iTunes Store and I was wondering now before I go purchase a new phone (leaning towards the Nokia 6300 right now) wheter these songs will play on it. The files are protected in some way right? So they will only play in iPods and "authorized" computers? Or can I somehow "authorize" my phone or are there phones which can play iTunes bought songs?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no you won't be able to play any of your purchased songs that are protected. they have DRM on them unfortunately.

if you've bought any EMI stuff recently or in the past, they've switched over to what Apple calls iTunes Plus, which is essentially DRM free and higher quality tracks and as such those you'd be able to move over, but those only.

3. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

No. You'll need to rip them to CD as MP3s (I guess), then manually upload them to the Nokia.

4. palam macrumors newbie

You can't. Music from iTunes are protected by DRM and you cannot play it on mobile phones unless you convert m4p music to plain mp3. itunes can do this if you have a burner. I also know a program called NoteBurner can do this by using virtual burner and disc, but it seems this program is for Windows only.

5. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

no unless they are EMI DRM free tracks. otherwise you have to burn them to a CD and re-rip them.

6. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl