Carrier Is it possible to preorder a T-Mobile iPhone 7 with out a T-Mobile account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nlkccom, Sep 7, 2016.

1. nlkccom macrumors 6502a

I currently have Verizon, and my contract will expire in 2 weeks. I'm planning to switch over to T-Mobile after my contract expires. I want to preorder the T-Mobile iPhone 7 on the 9th in anticipation of my switch. Will Apple allow me to preorder the T-Mobile iPhone 7 on the 9th when I don't have an active T-Mobile account yet?

2. nlkccom thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68020

geoff5093

I would take advantage of the fact you are able to order the Verizon phone, which seems to be the best model to pre-order since it works on CDMA and GSM, opposed to the T-Mobile version which does not have CDMA radios. It also has an Intel modem opposed to a Qualcomm modem, and may not support the latest 4x4 MIMO (from what I've heard).

5. noobinator macrumors 601

I've ordered the T-Mobile version in the past and I don't recall ever being asked for any info regarding my T-Mobile account. There's a small chance I am not remembering correctly.

6. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

I was just playing around in the Apple Store app. Using the 6s as an example I can order it as "unlocked with t-mobile sim" and it doesn't ask for any account info. If you order it as "unlocked with att sim" it wants account info. So I'm going to assume (I could very well be incorrect) that it will be the same for the 7.

7. nlkccom thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for pointing that out. I hope that is the case for iPhone 7 as well. I wonder why T-Mobile is different from the other carriers.