Is it possible to put all contents of your library into ONE playlist?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Pain, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Pain macrumors regular

I want all my music into a playlist called 'Music', but doing it one by one is a hassle. How do I do it all at once? Thanks.

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

without thinking

Select all and drag them to the playlist?

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

If you're using iTunes on Windows, press Ctrl + A, which will select everything in your library and will let you drag-and-drop it into your playlist (it's Command + A on a Mac). Or, if you're doing it on your iPod, there's already a section called "Songs" that does exactly what you want; has a list of every single track on the iPod. If you still, for some reason, want it in a playlist, start and On-the-Go playlist, open ANY music category (it doesn't matter if it's Albums, Artists, Songs or whatever), view All Songs, and then select Add All Songs. Then, next time you sync with iTunes, rename the playlist to "Music".

4. Pain thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you kindly.

That was helpful.

EDIT: "Attempting to copy to the disk failed. There is not enough memory available."

...it's my computer. What should I do to gain some memory back in the meantime?

5. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

I would create a Smart Playlist and have the criteria be any date after January 1, 1900. That way Movies, Videos, TV Shows, and Music will be automatically Playlisted.

6. pilotrtc macrumors regular

7. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

When in the mood for complete variety at work I just list all the songs on the Touch, press shuffle and away I go. Of course with 400 albums, at times I'll get Honky Tonk Woman followed by Also Sprach Zarathustra followed by the theme from Underdog, but what the heck, it's variety!

Mike