Is it possible to reserve 5s online for in store pickup AT FULL PRICE ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by darkus, Oct 19, 2013.

1. darkus macrumors regular

Reason I neee full price is so that noone tinkers with my unlimited plan :)

I feel stupid because I'm just not seeing the option to buy online at full price for I store pickup

Thanks !

2. macgrl macrumors 65816

You mean you want to buy an unlocked phone at full price and stick your current sim in it? Which store are you trying to buy from? Apple online and then pick up at an apple store? which country?

3. drewfus macrumors 6502

drewfus

4. macgrl, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013

macgrl macrumors 65816

Exactly, you can't with apple unless you are on t-mobile?

5. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

This is for the USA on verizon.

I thought they come with a SIM by default, I was just going to call verizon after I got the phone and ask them to replace my current phone with this new one on their system and thereby stop them from changing my valuable unlimited data plan :)

The 5S is listed as available for my local apple store, but I wanted to buy/reserve it online so I dont make the trip out there only for them to tell me its sold out in the next few hours when they open

Thanks!

6. macgrl macrumors 65816

Have you asked verizon if you can buy the phone at full price and swap the sim? You can buy an iphone 5s from them on month to month for $650 - maybe they will let you do that?

7. darkus thread starter macrumors regular

Yes of course I can do this, but Im more interested in walking in the store today to get the 5s, just wanted to see if its possible to buy online for full price basicly, I guess its not possible... ?

8. macgrl macrumors 65816

:)Check with apple via chat or call them? im not sure if it is possible to do this..the website doesn't seem to let you buy a verizon phone at full price? Apple will be able to tell you more than people can on here