Is it possible to reserve and pickup a 64G AT&T 4s ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by pdxa4, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

Just wanted to see if anyone else has been successful in picking up a 64G AT&T 4s via the reserve and pickup page at 9PM at night...

I've only been looking for the last two nights, been out of the country for the launch and only now getting around to looking for a replacement for my 3GS.

I can obviously order it online, but that may take three weeks for delivery.

I am looking at stores here in the Bay Area in CA, from what I see some 32G are available, are are 16's right at 9PM, but no 64G available.

If one looks at Sprint or Verizon then there is more availability, but i want to stick with at&t mostly due to having unlimited data, plus I get corporate discounts on the phone plans...

I'll keep looking for another few nights, probably drop into a store at lunchtime also to ask a person there. If unsuccessful then I'll go ahead and just order one online...

Apple-Reserve and Pickup

2. aneftp macrumors 68040

I think Apple did not make enough 64GB iPhones configured for AT&T.

They probably allocated stock according to projected demands

1. 16Gb Black is most in demand so gets most stock

64GB is the least in demand simply based on pricing.

3. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Yes no problem. I'm in Newport Beach & walked right into my local AT&T store yesterday with my brother. He bought one right out of their inventory. We've had outstanding service with AT&T. :)

4. rollingstart Guest

I have, but this was two weeks ago in NJ. It took me several tries at 9PM just to get the pages to load and more importantly get a confirmation email to be sent to me, about 30 minutes clicking, refreshing, clicking, refreshing, etc.. I didn't realize that the 64GB were that difficult to come by.

5. PPSH-41 macrumors newbie

Yup.

I couldn't get the website reserve system to work properly so I used my 3gs with the apple store app to reserve the 4s. Worked very quickly and showed up the next day with no line. In and out in 15 minutes.

6. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

What some people suggest is to open up several browsers with the same page on it: www.apple.com/retail/iphone (well the next page with your state and the local apple store selected). Do that on all your browsers that is opened. Once it hits 9:00 PM. Go to your first browser and hit next. If it's still unavailable, then go to your next browser, and click next, do this until you see "Available"

Because many people are reserving at 9:00 PM, you will have to try and reserve one as quick as you can. If not then you'll have to try it again the next day.

Apple will hold your phone from 8 am to 6 pm.