Is it possible to run 3 monitors on a macbook pro???

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 617media, Apr 8, 2010.

1. 617media macrumors member

I use my MBP 09 unibody closed and attached to a large monitor 90% of the time. I'm finally changing up my entire setup because the HD TV screen I have been using to do work is hurting my eyes. I'm tryin to have a baller setup but it seems unlikely this is possible...

If I buy 2 LCD monitors (two LED apples are too expensive for me right now), can I get them both rigged up to my closed MBP, mirrored but at the same time duel separate function display? There must be some kind of adapter that allows you to run that.

Ideally I would have my left over HDTV on another desk to the left of the duel monitors as a 3rd one that I could use as a preview monitor for video and design. and/or just use it as a 3rd desktop space where I could say, show a client or friend a sample of finished work full screen, or put on a movie or run Itunes visualizer and music, all while I am using the main duel LCD computer displays to do work.

I feel like there must be some type of adapter or cable solution for this.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

3. 617media thread starter macrumors member

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you have a 17" MacBook Pro, you can always go for one of these:
    http://tinyurl.com/y8fpddc

It's essentially an external ATi 5670 that connects to your computer via the ExpressCard slot.