Is it possible to run the MacBook stationary w/ 4k@60Hz output plus charging and USB 3.0 ports?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by j.quintana, Nov 27, 2016.

1. j.quintana macrumors member

As far as I understand it the MacBook out of the box only supports 4k@60Hz with an HDMI 2.0 adapter. The multiport adapter does not seem to support HDMI 2.0 and the only HDMI 2.0 adapters that I found support only that and nothing else. But for stationary use I would need charging and at least one USB 3.0 port as well, one SD card port would be even better. Is there any adapter that supports all this including HDMI 2.0?

And if not: I know that there is a workaround to make it work with Displayport 1.2: https://9to5mac.com/2016/06/04/how-to-enable-4k-60hz-resolution-2016-macbook/amp/

So if there is no HDMI 2.0 adapter that supports everything that I would need for stationary use: Can anybody confirm that I can get everything that I need with an adapter that supports Displayport 1.2 and that also has USB 3.0 and charging capabilities for the MacBook?

2. BeatCrazy macrumors 65816

Not possible. And it does support 4K @ 60Hz via USB-C, no hack required. That 9to5 article is outdated.