Is it possible to save "non"podcast files as podcasts in iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cmtrekker, Feb 4, 2008.

1. cmtrekker macrumors newbie

I didn't get any responses when posting to iPod/iTunes thread, so one more try...

I have a number of MP3 files that include speeches, lectures and other spoken word type stuff that I did not get through iTunes or any podcasting service. These files are more appropriate to be saved and accessed through iTunes' podcasts and not as part of my music library, but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to do it (I'm starting to think you can't). I've tried retagging them as podcasts, no good. I've tried dragging files into podcasts, but iTunes won't allow it.

Sooo, can someone light the way for me and give me information about this, and better yet, offer a solution? Many thanks in advance.

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

well i would like to know how to do this too as i want some audio podcasts i downloaded from Revision3 listed as podcasts on my iPod. it seems only podcasts that are downloaded thru the ITS are labelled as podcasts.

i tried adding them to the podcasts folder in the iTunes music folder but no luck.

3. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Well I did a little research on this and the only way you can set a song to show up as a podcast is actually putting it into the itunes store. So your song will just show up as a song until you subscribe to your own podcast and download your own podcast content.

4. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Wouldn't it be easier to make a Playlist for them?