Is it possible to use Safari on the iTouch without sites reading it as a phone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SafariTouchSuck, Feb 16, 2010.

1. SafariTouchSuck macrumors newbie

As the title says.
    IMO, sites that detect the iTouch as a mobile phone is pretty annoying because search functions are incredibly inaccurate and websites in general are pretty limited.

Anyway, is there an option in the settings where I can search the web on my iPod Touch without it being recognised as a mobile phone?

2. pilotrtc macrumors regular

I believe you are at the mercy of the sites you visit. They detect the OS and stuff and draw their own conclusions. The better sites will give you a link to view their site in the non-mobile version.

3. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

You have two options, both of which work. Jailbreak the iPod, install sbsettings, and then install useragent faker from cydia. toggle on the uafaker and you will load websites like a desktop browser. Another way without jailbreaking is going on the app store, getting the app fakeweb, just type in browser in the search, you'll find it eventually. then going into settings within the application, then going into who am i?, selecting an empty space, and typing an internet browser such as Firefox. This works 100%. =)