Is it possible we get all our hopes up, and a new iMac isn't released or announced?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bobright, Jun 8, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, quite possible. Why not just wait and see?

3. NextGenApple macrumors regular

According to 9TO5 Mac it's likely there is NO new IMacs next week. Always buy when you need. Hence you don't get disappointed. People would go bankrupt if Apple made cars just to upgrade yearly and keep up with the Joneses.

4. IamMarcoPolo macrumors member

if apple did that - then its good buy - windows can have my money

5. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

It would suck I was hoping to be a first time Mac buyer, and the iMac was what I wanted. I know I'm not spending 3000 plus on what's it those high powered Mac Pros (and I would still need a display)? I sure as hell don't want any of the MacBooks with the tiny screens either.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Why not buy one of the current iMacs? Just because they may come out with newer models doesn't make the current ones obsolete or less capable of meeting needs. Buy what you need, when you need it. It's a pointless effort to chase the "next update", since you don't know for certain what it will include, and there will always be a "next update" coming, no matter when you buy.

7. Adam552 macrumors 6502

8. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Its coming. It said macs. Plural. Most websites only say mbp due to demand and mac pro because it is resurected.

Remember the part numbers leaked and prices

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

If I'm going to fork out cash for one and having been waited a couple years contemplating on a Mac purchase I want the latest...I'm not going to get the last line of its update if the iMac is ditched completely but that's just me.

10. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

The article said retina imac ..

Guess well see non retina imac. No reason to wait more. Apple will release them

We dont need retina imac...

11. Liquinn Suspended

Meh. I guess. So you'd say to me to buy a Mac Pro or even Macbook Air now when the new mbas may come out Monday?

12. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

It means you are paying 2012 prices for 2011 tech. It doesn't mean the iMac is any less capable it is just overpriced.

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, I said buy what you need, when you need it. Only you can decide what your needs are and what timeframe suits you.

I bought a Mac mini shortly before a new release. Result? I got one with an optical drive, which eliminated the need for a separate DVD drive. If I had waited, I wouldn't have liked the newer model. YMMV

14. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Yes understandable but 2009 Apple were releasing New iMacs with outdated C2D i didn't see anyone complaining then. People are Just spoilt now. Its a computer, this far in yes wait but if it was me i don't like to be guinea pig on redesign/New hardware. Same RULE applies to my cars i change every 3 years, I never buy a New generations, I buy NEW but 1-2 generations behind with Cars that is. To be clear if a car comes out 2012 i would buy that Car NEW around 2014 or beyond. So all the problems have been ironed out (Hopefully)

Thats just me.

Not going to get OCD/crazy of a computer. BUY WHEN YOU WANT AND NOT TO BOOST ONES EGO!!

15. Robin Chung macrumors member

Robin Chung

Very unlikely, worst thing that can happen (at this point) is a simple spec bump. You could make the argument that they would've done it already but a mention during the Keynote address definitely isn't out of the question. They could do:

New Macbook Pro design (focus item) - with USB 3.0, Ivy etc.
    -
    "We brought the same amazing hardware to the iMacs as well. Fastest all-in-ones we've ever shipped."
    -
    Our professional users have asked and we listened. The new Mac pros. Speed reinvented.

And then probably something about Mountain Lion. Ending with: the most amazing hardware tied to our best OS yet. Great year to buy a Mac. Everyone claps and it's done. :)

16. Sue De Nimes macrumors 6502a

Sue De Nimes

Buying a 2012 car at full price in 2014 would be a crazy thing to do.

Yes, the car is going to be perfectly capable but it will still be worth less than a 2014 model. You would be paying over the odds.

17. Liquinn Suspended

So the people that bought Mac Pros from Apple this year got ripped off by buying almost 2 year old technology?

18. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

I take it you don't buy cars, if i go to a showroom Today i can order a Car that came out in 2010. When the car arrives it will be NEW factory built with 2012 plates on AND NOT 2010. I DONT GET WHAT YOU ARE SAYING. ITS A NEW CAR MADE IN THAT YEAR, THE PROBLEMS THAT OCCURRED FROM SAY 2010 WHEN THE CAR WAS LAUNCHED WOULD OF BEEN IRONED OUT BY 2012. CARS COME WITH STANDARD 3 YEARS WARRANTY FROM NEW SOME 5

19. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The price difference in cars is significantly more than the price difference in computers over 2 years. Not a good analogy.

20. vladfein macrumors regular

Or you might have bought discontinued previous model for less.

21. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

FYI please don't compare iMac prices to brand new CARS. I could buy every generation if i wanted to but i like to see improvements in say speed/design. I see some people have had 2009-2010-2011 now want 2012 iMac. I could never do that. The shell is the same, would feel/look like same computer. I could do 2009-2011.2012 but not every year.

For people down voting for NO reason, truth hurts i know.

22. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I do think it is possible that iMacs won't be released on Monday. But they will be out soon. I think at this point it os worth waiting. If the new iMacs don't offer much new, at least you will get a discount on the old ones. If you really need it now buy, if not patience seems the best course of action.
    By the way this would not have been my advice six or even three months ago. But I think they will be out within the next month.

23. jsolares macrumors 6502a

By percent it might be around the same, apple will come out with a new model with the new cpu, unless it's dropping the line entirely.

24. DeF46 macrumors regular

I hear you I have the late 2009 iMac, I really don't want to wait till September, but if needed I will.

25. 07dodge macrumors member

Never have understood the "I'll never buy a first-year redesign" argument; rarely are there problems with a redesign on a new car of any significance, that's an argument without base IMO.

Same with computers generally, although I'm not as in to computers and such as I am cars...

There's almost always running changes, but few "problems". I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new design, car or computer.