Is it safe to buy a mac of amazon UK

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macmark93, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Macmark93 macrumors member

Macmark93

Hi, found a good price macbook on amazon uk but i am very careful when flinging wods of cash out to 3rd party retailers.

Eventho the mac is hosted on amazon, this particular machine is not fullfilled by amazon which is what gets me.

So basically asmuch as i know amazon have nothing to do with the sale and is supplied by a 3rd party seller. Not exactly sure how amazon works but would amazon offer some kind of returns plan. Overall should i buy or stay away?

Also like to add just started on this forum and had a lot of good advice already. So thanks everyone.

2. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Only you can make that call

Amazon have a very good customer service and will certainly deal with third party sellers on your behalf if there is an issue.

The main one I see with Macbooks on amazon is it is sometimes an american machine not a british spec one.

As my Title says only you can make this call but they are very cheap on there and that saving is too good to pass up, hell I bought mine off ebay with no issues.

4. 556fmjoe macrumors 65816

556fmjoe

I bought both of the laptops in my sig off Amazon, though I'm in the US. If you find a reputable seller and the price makes sense (i.e. not too good to be true), it's pretty safe IMO.

5. Macmark93 thread starter macrumors member

Macmark93

Thanks very much Guys, I have just finally did it and bought one from Amazon. I did manage to get a sale with a amazon fullfilled item. Which did ease my decision,am excited and nervous lol, thanks a lot for your replys.

The macbook i bought was just over £300 cheaper than apple. Now that price was to good considering its amazon fullfied.

Should be here monday or tuesday when i get it will register the serial and inspect it.

Thanks a bunch everyone:)