Is it safe to disinfect iPhone 4 with Clorox wipes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ann713, Jul 26, 2012.

1. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Forgive me if this is a silly question but I am genuinely curious. I would like to wipe down my entire phone daily (Lysol, Clorox wipes), but I'm afraid that doing so may damage the antenna bands on the sides. Not too concerned about the front/back because they are screen-shielded. Thanks for any input.

2. dotme macrumors 6502a

I'd be a little hesitant about applying bleach or other caustic solutions to my iPhone on a daily basis. I can't imagine over time that it wouldn't cause some cosmetic blemish or mild damage. Have you thought about a case/cover? A plastic "Incase" case that covers the back and sides might be a good idea. You could sling the case in the dishwasher if you want.

3. scottfreeman macrumors newbie

scottfreeman

I'd be cautious about doing this too much. Besides, why would you want to disinfect it so much?

I use a lint-free cloth from time to time just to give my iPhone a wipe down to remove finger marks and dust. Occasionally I spray a small amount of common furniture polish on the cloth first if the marks are somewhat stubborn.

Generally though, I'd suggest some kind of case which you'll be able to remove and clean separately from your iPhone.

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

A microfibre cloth has always served me well.