Is it safe to post an Ultrafine 4k monitor?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sebban, Sep 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sebban macrumors newbie

sebban

Hi,

Do you think it is it safe to send an Ultrafine 4k monitor, as a private person, with normal post carrier like Usps?

The monitor is unopened brand new.

Thanks in advance
    Sebastian
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    I am afraid the monitor may be damaged.

2. matreya macrumors 65816

matreya

I would NOT trust any postal service with the shipping of a 4K monitor

3. sebban thread starter macrumors newbie

sebban

Yeah you probably right. I saw on youtube the monitor seems to be very well protected inside the box. But yea as you say its not worth risking anything.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 29, 2017 ---
    I wish I could send it though

4. ZapNZs macrumors 68020

ZapNZs

I think it is fine provided you insure it and provided you are OK with going through the procedures of making the claim - as such damage can and regularly does happen. But it may not be a bad idea to package that box in another box with a layer of cushion around it.

If it were me, personally, I would use FedEx, take it to a physical FedEx location, ask one of the people there if they thought the standard packaging alone was sufficient (for both ensuring the best chance of undamaged arrival and in the event of making a claim), and, if not, have them repackage it (IMO this latter option can make claims easier.)

5. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

It should absolutely fine to ship the UltraFine - How do you think they got to Apple? How do you think they're sent out to customers FROM Apple?

If worried, just package it inside a bigger box with additional packaging. And like Zap said, just insure it.