Is it still possible to jailbreak an iphone that it is still on ios 8.4?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by hgrimberg, Mar 19, 2016.

1. hgrimberg macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

The phone it is already jailbroken but all Files on Cydia are corrupt so I think the only solution is to re-jailbreak. So, Is it still possible to jailbreak an iphone that it is still on ios 8.4?

2. swarlos macrumors 6502

swarlos

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

But you can't restore. Two options to try.

Deleting Cydia Substrate will have the effect of removing all your tweaks (you can reinstall it).

There is also Cydia Impactor which will wipe the phone (all tweaks and data), remove the jailbreak and restore your device to it's current firmware.

But simply restoring won't work. Apple will force you to upgrade to the latest signed version, which depending on your device will be either 8.4.1 or 9.2.1. Both of which are not jailbreakable.

Well, 8.4.1 does have a jailbreak but it's a command line only, proceed with extreme caution type of thing.

4. mikecwest macrumors 6502a

mikecwest

I agree Cydia Impactor should work. I just hope that you did not use any apps or tweaks to remove the unneeded language files or it will take literally a week to complete the process.

5. hgrimberg thread starter macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

I can't delete apps on Cydia and I can't install new tweaks on Cydia either.
    All I get when I try to do something on Cydia is this:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. hgrimberg thread starter macrumors 6502

hgrimberg

I cant install Impactor cause it says there are dependecies in conflict