Is it strange that I buy 16GB iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by placidity44, Sep 22, 2015.

1. placidity44 macrumors 6502

placidity44

I'm a power user and love technology but I get my iOS devices in 16GB variants because I barely use any storage. I don't take photos really and if I do I dump them on my rMBP, I don't store music because I use Apple Music, don't store videos, rarely play games. I only keep what I use on my device and am a huge cloud guy. I'm in safari 90 percent of the time and mainly have automation apps such as IFTT, numerous, etc. I use Lastpass, VPN's, and google authenticator with some other apps in between. Not really a point to the topic I just was thinking of a train of thought. Am I missing something? I'm on my phone all the time reading about things and using coursera, edX, iTunes University.

2. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

No, but you're strange for starting a thread inviting people to comment on your personal choices.

3. placidity44 thread starter macrumors 6502

placidity44

Wasn't my intention I was just curious of some thoughts.

4. Lunfai macrumors 65816

Lunfai

Nope it's perfectly fine. Your media consumption doesn't entail much storage so you're just picking what's right for you. There's no need to spend more money when you won't really benefit much from it, I know it's better safe then sorry but it seems like you've already gotten used to 16GB already so you don't really need more storage anyhow.

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

The only thing strange is you ask if you are strange!

Buy what you want and move on with life.

6. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

Agreed. The OP states that they're a "power user" ... In my opinion a "power user" doesn't need assistance at all.

7. placidity44 thread starter macrumors 6502

placidity44

I apologize I get over analytical. Not looking for assurance or anything of the sort I just wanted thoughts.

8. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

If you can get by with a 16Gb unit that is great as it will save you money. I have over 67GB of music and am not into the streaming thing. Get what works for you and enjoy but most will find 16GB restraining. Last thing I want to do is worry about space on my phone. I always get the 128GB and would buy the 256GB if the offered it.

9. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

10. timeconsumer macrumors 65816

timeconsumer

No need to apologize about being over analytical. I would presume a lot of us on here are that way. Honestly, if 16GB is enough for you then there's no reason for you to pay more if you don't need it.

11. Gonky, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015

Gonky macrumors regular

Gonky

Nope, unlimited data combined with Apple Music and iCloud Photo Library mean for the first time in years I can easily downgrade from 64GB to 16. Like you my main program is Safari, also use iMessage a lot but am not really into Apps - normally have about 17 installed which fills the first and second page.