Is it strange to wear the pride strap if you're not gay?

AL2TEACH

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Denver, CO.
lol, in a strange kind of way this all really strange but in the late 60's early 70's, I was wearing rainbow colored suspenders because and only for the colors. damn shame, simple can't remain simple. speaking only of the colors nothing more nothing less.

ericwn

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2016
lol, in a strange kind of way this all really strange but in the late 60's early 70's, I was wearing rainbow colored suspenders because and only for the colors. damn shame, simple can't remain simple. speaking only of the colors nothing more nothing less.
I know what you mean but on the other hand you can still live in the same way as you did back then and start wearing again what you really like. We are as humans gifted to change our ways when we feel like it and we decide what to do today. :)

AL2TEACH

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2007
Denver, CO.
I know what you mean but on the other hand you can still live in the same way as you did back then and start wearing again what you really like. We are as humans gifted to change our ways when we feel like it and we decide what to do today. :)
eh, okay but I was just referring to what we have done to colors. 😃

PrettyWings

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2016
My thoughts, for what they’re worth, is just use whichever band you like and leave it to others to do the thinking and/or wondering.
Right, people are making all kinds of assumptions about all kinds of stuff you're doing.

The pride brand does not only stand for homosexuality, not for any sexuality for that matter. It really comes down to accepting everyone, regardless of sexuality, just for who they are. Stop worrying what other people think, start wearing what you like, show what you support.
And isn't it based off of a rainbow? Maybe you simply belong to the Skittles fan-base.

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I initially thought that by purchasing the pride band I'd be essentially showing support for LGTBQ community whilst rocking a really good looking band (IMO) however a few friends suggested that it was kind of weird to wear the pride strap unless you know someone close to you who is gay, or are gay yourself.

What are your thoughts?
This is very interesting.. I don’t want to come across as a bitch (well, maybe a little bit 😉) but your friends scream ‘lack of knowledge’. You don’t have to be gay or know anyone gay to wear a rainbow watch strap. I’m a gay man that doesn’t own the rainbow strap, does that mean I’m straight? No! 😂 If you like it, wear it with PRIDE (no pun intended) I also want you to know I respect you for supporting the LGBTQ Community.