Is it stupid of me waiting for the white iPhone 4? I have a feeling it won't come out

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by henrikrox, Sep 3, 2010.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Hi so for a while now I have waited for the white iPhone.

I heard nothing on sep 1 at the media event and I am now a bit worried. It seems whatever problem they are having is pretty severe. Maybe so much they can't produce it. So I'm worried this wait is for nothing.

What do you guys think? Will we see a white iPhone this year? I eas hoping for details after the case program, buy i Think i will be dissapointed.

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

Look how many macs and ipads/iphones you have already. Give it a rest, wait a year and get the iphone 5 or something different like a droid.

3. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Honestly I would say if it doesn't come by 1/1/11, go ahead and wait for the iP5.

4. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

The white one doesn't look so great in person, I prefer the black due to the screen kinda disappearing into the blackness of the phone.

And yes, it's silly to wait. You never know, it could be delayed again or just not coming out entirely.

5. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

yeah i waited till the event on wednesday and saw that they didn't announce it... i was disappointed but think that black isn't that bad so i went ahead and ordered one :D

6. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

7. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

By the time the white iPhone comes, the new iPhone will be right around the corner. I would just wait until iPhone 5.

8. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

At first I didnt see them releasing at all.....but it might be a big hit to keep everyone waiting

or they may just forget all together and move onto the iPhone5

9. ChefJayPeek macrumors regular

I waited until they said "Sometime this year" and then I ordered the black one. Then I proceeded to put it in a red Switcheasy color case so it really does not matter anyways. I am glad I decided to go ahead and get the black one as I really like the screen and the improved camera, as well as the better battery life over the 3GS that I had.

Vistadude: why does it matter how many Macs or iPhone/iPods he has?

Chef Jay

10. Stein357 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

Once I heard later this year I went with the black one. Wouldn't wait for the white one no telling if or when it is coming out.

11. vistadude macrumors 65816

He's basically paying $400 to get a different color phone. He has the newest imac, the newest macbook pro, and highest model ipad and highest model iphone 3gs. Seriously, he has almost nothing to gain by getting another iphone on top of that. And he's "worried" the white one won't come out. Just trying to prevent buyer's remorse cause the new iphone hardly has anything new that he doesn't already have.

12. henrikrox thread starter macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Well this isn't about how many macs I have. I justdobt like the black color aide it scratches so easily an dust and stuff so easily. I just like glossy white much better. And I don't want to order knowingly I won't be satisfied.

Also I think the step up from 3gs to iPhone 4 I kinda huge. After trying it.
    Much bigger then 3g compared to 3gs

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you're going to put a case on it who cares what color it is?
    Frankly waiting is now stupid. You need to figure this one out. Most people started or renewed their contracts in June and July. You're now into September. When, not if but when, a new iPhone is released in 2011 you'll be sitting there unable to upgrade. You give the appearance that this may be of importance to you (see your sig) so I cannot imagine you waiting much longer just for a white one. I like the white one myself but quite frankly not enough to wait.

My guess is if we don't see it by November then we won't see it at all this year. I have a weird suspicion that the white iPhone will drop around November to further milk holiday sales. Think about it. However, if you buy in November then you won't be able to upgrade until November 2011 at the earliest even on your 2-year contract.

14. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

This, of course, only applies if he is in US of A.

15. nfl46 macrumors 603

Chances are, it'll be released around the holidays.

16. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I bet Jobs had second thoughts about the white front and called it off.

17. xenuprime macrumors 6502

I don't think next years iPhone will be a big deal, so I will probably skip it anyways. If I get the white iPhone in November, then my next upgrade will be in 2012 to the iPhone 5.

18. Mickyfin macrumors 6502

Mickyfin

I'm also waiting on the White iP4, and from what I've heard, it will be worth the wait. 14th of October at the very latest.

19. nolesfan macrumors regular

I was told by a very high up at apple that the reason the white 4 is not out is because of the white paint they purchased to paint the glass starting turning yellow right before they were supposed to be released so they decided to not release them. Now they are using another paint but they are waiting it out to see if this paint has the same affect or if try solved it. So you might be waiting awhile for the white one. I highly doubt u will see it before Christmas if your lucky.

20. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I had my heart set on white too, then on pre-order day when it wasn't available I opted for black. I had already sold my 3G and was using a nokia flip phone so I couldn't wait another day than I had to.

No buyers remorse here, I'm more than satisfied.

I don't put any case or protective film over it either.

Maybe if they ever do release a white i4 I will go check it out in store, see if I like it or not then know I will get a white i5. My main concern is the front. Maybe they'll also release a hybrid, black on front and white on back - that would kick ass!

21. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

yeah is stupid of you... the most I would say to wait is up to sep. 30 of this year to see if something would happen. If after that nothing, then either buy the black iPhone 4 or wait a few months more to get the iPhone 5 in July 2011.... someone said here in the holidays (this is BS) they know the same as you and me, the only date out of ordinary given by apple so far is sept 30 for something iPhone specific, after that I believe nothing else will happen w/ the iPhone 4 in AT&T...

22. Che Castro macrumors 603

23. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Yeah right. :rolleyes: and the word is you're. :cool:

24. jcole31 macrumors regular

It is not stupid for you to wait. What is stupid is apple having an extremely vague "later this year" time frame. I think people would rather be given another release date, even if they miss it again, than to just wait around with no clue as to when this thing may or may nor be released.

Of course, since they have already missed two release dates, I doubt they will be throwing another set date out there.

25. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

I agree. I think that Apple unnecessarily damages their customer base with this silence. Apple must have an internal time-line for release of the white iPhone 4 and they should reward their loyal customers with straight forward information and honesty.