Is it the right time to buy a new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ThatGreekMacGuy, Jul 28, 2012.

  1. ThatGreekMacGuy macrumors member


    Jul 12, 2012
    Sparta, Greece
    Title says it all. Should I wait for iPad mini or next year's iPad? Or just get this year's iPad?
  2. scaredpoet macrumors 604


    Apr 6, 2007
    Do you NEED a 7 inch iPad? If ot, get one now and enjoy.
  3. nStyle macrumors 65816

    Dec 6, 2009
    Now is the time... yeah... iPad didn't change much from 1 to 2 but drastically from 1 to 3. It's time.
  4. Night Spring macrumors G5

    Night Spring

    Jul 17, 2008
    Well, considering that next year's iPad isn't expecteed to come out until next March, I'd say it's stupid to wait for that one. If you like the iPad at its current size, just go get one now. If you are interested in a 7-8 inch tablet, it might be worth it to wait until September to see if the rumors pan out. Just keep in mind you might wait two months for nothing.
  5. unobtainium macrumors 68020

    Mar 27, 2011
    Honestly, I'd wait for next year's model. The current iPad has an amazing display but at a significant cost -- it's heavier, thicker, runs hotter, charges slower and eats up battery faster than the iPad 2. And with the screen issues many have experienced you're probably better off waiting.

    That said, it's a long wait and a refurb iPad 2 might tide you over if you can stand the non-retina display.
  6. Baklava macrumors 6502a


    Feb 1, 2010
    I'm waiting for a smaller iPad; the current one is a bit too big for my needs.
  7. Rodster macrumors 68040

    May 15, 2007
    I also say now is a good time to buy the latest iPad. It's only been out 4 months. In another 2-3 months you are counting the days towards the rumors and release of the 4th Gen iPad.
  8. mcdj macrumors G3


    Jul 10, 2007
    Can't there be a sticky addressing this daily question?
  9. ChristianVirtual macrumors 601


    May 10, 2010
    main question: 8" or 10" ? That's you need to answer and will determine finally what you should do.

    I'm happy with my current iPad3 and would not like to wait until next March/April. I'm waiting for the smaller iPad as companion device. Sometimes I would like to have a smaller iPad for reading while commuting.

    If 10" is what you like then go to the nearest shop and make the deal. :apple:
  10. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

    Sep 16, 2011
    The iPad mini will be a budget device. Don't expect it to simply be a smaller iPad.
  11. YanivZ macrumors newbie

    Oct 22, 2011
    I would expect next 10 inch iPad (AKA iPad4) to have some minor tweaks over the iPad3 (and there are rumors also claiming the same). That's the reason I bought my own iPad 3 gen and I must say I very happy with the HW maturity (and somewhat SW too). If you're not into 7-8 inch rumored device that might not suit your needs go ahead and but the new iPad now.
  12. jmpnop macrumors 6502a


    Aug 8, 2010
    The next iPad won't be out before March 2013 but a smaller 7" iPad may be released in September this year. If you're decided on the 9.7" model it doesn't make sense to wait 8 months, get it now. If you're unsure about the size, wait for the smaller iPad and then decide.
  13. malias4 macrumors 6502a


    Jun 21, 2011
    Greece and Holland
    I bought mine 2 weeks ago and im happy with it!!
    Buy it now file mou !!

Share This Page