Is it too late to return my iPhone 5. 14 days have passed

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jigmeister, Oct 5, 2012.

1. jigmeister macrumors member

Just wondering if my rights have gone to return my iphone 5 to apple. Im not really happy with the scratches it attracts.

I love the phone but not the fact this new paint seems to just chip right off

2. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

I'm glad 14 days has passed, you use the iPhone don't take due care, Now want to return it. I'm afraid you can't return it!! Look after the phone and enjoy it!! You had 14 days to return you loved it now want to return after 14 days!!

Listen to yourself please, How old are you?!?!?!?! Rant over

Edit I have an iPhone 5 no scratch after 11 days of use!! If people value things they will look after their good. Although a small minority don't then complain like its the products fault.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I really think you could ask but they don't have to give you a refund.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you bought it directly from apple, you have 30 days and not 14. if you bought it from a carrier, then it depends on the carrier's return policy. for example, verizon's is 14 days plus a restocking fee is charged.

5. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

I thought it was established that some models are poorly anodized and chip very easily.

6. jkim3691 macrumors 6502a

Your lack of coherence is disturbing...

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

In which case all the OP needs to do is swap it out for one with normal anodizing coating. It should NOT rub or chip off in two weeks under normal use.

8. oplix Suspended

oplix

9. m0no macrumors regular

This.

10. I8P'CS macrumors 6502

Know lack of anything!! Most that had chipped dented models etc, Returned their phones within days not wait around use the phone for more than 14 days, Show off to friends etc then decide it dents,Chips etc, and They don't want/need it anymore.

UK is 14 days, I believe!! Take it the OP is not in uk.

11. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

for verizon's 14 day return policy, is it from the day you receive it in the mail (i.e. physically get the box) or when they ship it. Also can you return it to a verizon store if it was ordered from verizon online.

12. jigmeister thread starter macrumors member

gosh I didnt expect some of those responses.. some very help full, thank you!

others building story's up....very strange!

really its about being happy with your purchase.. to me isn't it build quality?

I love apple products but I'd love a more helpful approach to this problem than the one I heard them come out with. 'its aluminium... scratches are normal'

13. diegoesk macrumors regular

I returned mines at day 13 (got hit with a $35 restock fee). Went back to the iPhone 4. my phone also had a small scratch (near the power button)

if I were you, I would try to take it back. If not, just put it up on ebay and take a small lost money wise

14. slumpey326 macrumors 6502

how did you return it, via mail or in person to a store. Did you order it online or picked it up in person.

15. jigmeister thread starter macrumors member

Thanks yeah Im thinking of calling in my local store tomorrow. But Im expecting a big no and its too late and are you interested in a £35 case.

Yeah I might put it on Ebay and cut my loses.

I bought a Ipad 2 on release..iphone 4s..3rd gen ipad.... been happy with all.

just disappointed in what i see is a design flaw. why use this anodised aluminium if they knew it will show scuffs like this.

Just feel I've been abit ripped off and mislead... Ive always bigged up apple products to the haters but now Im doubting myself thinking 'have i been sucked in? has jonathon ive just convinced me again.

I still think this is there fault and it should be there duty to figure out a fix.

16. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

Your likely stuck at this point. I think all the carriers other than maybe Sprint are on 14 day return periods now. You may be able to exchange the phone for another model if you can get them to believe the damage was their prior to you getting it. But your still going to be on the hook for the two year contract since your outside of the cancellation period.

17. ITS ME DAVID macrumors 6502

It's 14 days if bought from apple.com read there return policy on a phone and if bought at att it's 30 says.

18. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

It's a tool you use all day everyday, it's going to get scratched. If you can't handle that buy a case, there's hundreds to choose from.

19. kcs7272 macrumors newbie

It is 14 days for a return. That being said it is 30 days and sometimes you can get more for defects to be replaced by the same device.

20. diegoesk macrumors regular

Purchased in store. Returned in store. They quickly glanced at phone (didnt even check to see if ear buds or charger were inside).

It seems the 4s and 5 are still in beta mode. The next iPhone will be "the one"..