Is it true that some sort of Android club/forum/association is intentionally saying..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PerPlekz, Sep 21, 2012.

1. PerPlekz macrumors member

Negative things about the iphone? I heard this from two sources, reddit and in my own Apple store in atlanta ga.

Purportedly, iPhone haters are flooding all the iphone boards saying they are receiving defects, scratches, etc, etc. in an effort to make the iPhone 5 look horrendous.

This would be the most pathetic thing i've ever seen, but it wouldn't surprise me.:rolleyes:

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

yes, I think most of the reported problems are fakes and shills.

3. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

Mm I doubt it man, this happens every year from what I seem, there is more demand so more people come out of the woods, I do hate fan boys tho (apple and android) and at the moment I'm using a gs3 and iPhone 5 I like both, battery like is amazing on iPhone and some stuff is better on android... But really if that's all you care about you probably don't have a life lol

4. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Considering most every post has photos or video to back it up, not likely. Nice conspiracy theory though.

5. Mickyvai macrumors newbie

I've heard it's the Illuminati, folks!

Oh, come on, if it was some sort of conjure how is that the forum is full of photos of scuffed I phones? Are these all android fans that bought the new Iphone only to damage it and shed bad light on apple?
    The truth is one: Apple has seriously screwed this up!

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You mean like right here in this forum? Yes, it's been going on for a while.

However, there are some pretty anal iPhone owners here, returning the iPhone five plus times in order to get the right one that doesn't trigger their OCD so I'm sure some are actually nitpicking (although I'm not saying to put up with obvious defects out of the box).

7. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I've been using my black iphone 5 since 8:15 this morning. In and out of my pocket etc etc.

i dont have even a SLIGHT miniscule piece of nothingness wrong with the finish on mine.

I think Android users are generally full of ****, and are mad. Mad at what? Just mad.

Anyone that doesn't agree can kiss my ass seriously. I know too many people that have android phones, and when it comes down to talking tech, they turn into different people.

Bitter and hateful. Like its my fault you had to buy a Galaxy nexus bionic MAXX S.

8. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Damn you hit the nail on the head there, thats exactly whats going on. All of the people with problems are android fan boys who got the new iphone 5 only for this.

9. mac jones macrumors 68040

10. txflyfish macrumors member

I don't understand where these ihaters come from. They all seem to reside on engadget lately. The android forums are pretty chill and cool group of folks.:confused:

11. Mickyvai macrumors newbie

Yeah...sure... :-$

12. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I think you have your answer right here, OP. It's not just the iPhone forums where you see this sort of OCD. Check out the iPad or Macbook Air forums too. It's madness around launch time.

13. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

How old are you... 13? If not , you sure do act like it.

14. beem4520 macrumors member

Understatement of the century. Excessive and overly critical.

15. MyPad, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2012

MyPad macrumors member

All of these reports of problems are mostly lies. And trolls. I've owned four iPhones and they were all perfect. Including the new 5 I'm typing this on.

16. Iceman50 macrumors newbie

17. shadrap macrumors 6502

This happens every launch. Every Apple product launch. They all have envy.

18. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

The reality is simple:

If these problems don't exist, they'll simply fade away within a few days.

If they're real (like "Antennagate"), then they'll stick around.

Clearly Maps IS a problem for people, as Apple has had to release a statement on that now.

The scuffing is just going to be a "wait and see" issue.

19. jaysen macrumors 6502

Really, so whats to say about the people who received Chipped devices? certainly you don't think "Phandroids" buy apple devices only to point out flaws. I bet if you actually do some research on the people posting these issues, a majority of them are pro-apple supporters who have never said one bad thing about apple.

Personally, I think the issues are true. They are way more prominent due to the sheer volume that are out there (2 million pre ordered), however also remember Apple supposedly used another factory to produce the iphones and it wasn't just Foxconn this time around.

I'd be curious to see the devices that came scratched/chipped, where they were manufactured.

20. iphonefan74 macrumors regular

Look at the join dates of those with issues. Not only do their pics back up their complaints, most have been members here well over a year. So you are saying all these people with issues are Android fans who joined up over a year or two ago just waiting for this day? LOL which Apple store do you work for kid?

21. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Yep, spammers, posters, fake reviews, product promotion, product complaints is a business in itself ... you can hire it out to businesses that provide these services from the Philippines to India, it doesn't cost much and goes on with many products and services.

22. Mickyvai macrumors newbie

this is incredible guys, you really have a distorted view of reality...

it's evident that the so called "scuffgate" is real :eek:

23. elitecol macrumors newbie

Ive been reading macrumors for years, and only joined yesterday to voice my issues with my 2 iphone 5's.
    I can honestly say i dont like android, will never buy a samesung phone, highly recommend Apple to everyone i know and have converted my wife to Apple but did have genuine issues.

Im surprised people think there are fake stories going around, maybe some are but from the pics ive seen of other's are the same issues i had and which are in my pics i posted up.
    whether some chose to not believe than thats fine, i'm just reporting from my experience, and still recommend the white model.

I couldnt be happier with the 5, its awesome, and the earpods which came with it suprised me and my wife, as we both own the older in ear Apple ear phones which cost over $100, these new ones arnt quite as good but pretty close.
    The in ear buds fit in your ear better but for $29 ear phones i havnt heard any others which come close.
    Well done Apple!

The phone is very fast, highly recommend the upgrade, i went from a iphone 4, even the 'n' wifi is noticeably faster, just waiting on some cool new games now!

24. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

if they sell 3 million this weekend (conservative estimate), then even if they only have a defect rate of .1%, that's still 6,000 bad phones. And that would be insane. Defect rates are usually a couple percent