Is it wise to buy an iPhone and an iPad in the same year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheKevinFang, Jul 10, 2015.

1. TheKevinFang macrumors member

Thinking of getting an iPhone 6S as well as an iPad Air 3.

Is this wise, or would it be better to wait it out to get an iPad which is notably faster than the iPhone?
    Some personal experiences would be appreciated.

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I don't see anything wrong with buying them in the same year.

3. stevemiller macrumors 65816

In general I don't think there is a real answer to this question beyond 'if they both have value and do what you want from them'.

Personally, I got 4s and iPad3, both A5 devices, and it kind of sucks that they both are hitting a wall of functionality and responsiveness at about the same time with OS updates. I've since moved on to the iPhone 6, and the iPad is very much a secondary/casual device that I don't see myself replacing unless something really awesome develops in the tablet space.

So it's really just a matter of assessing your needs. Only thing is say is now that iPhone screens are larger, get that first and see if you still require a tablet. Between phone and laptop, I find there is an increasingly narrow space where iPad feels like the best device for the job. YMMV.

4. xymay macrumors member

5. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Why not? If you use your phone and iPad both as much. As surely more will use the IPad at home