Is it wise to buy the 17' model still in the line up?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MatLane, Nov 9, 2008.

  1. MatLane macrumors 6502a

    MatLane

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Location:
    England, United Kingdom
    #1
    Still think that is going to be my option after looking at them a few times. I can get it for £1,700 odd instead of 1,949 on a discount.

    Meets my needs, then again still might go for the 2.5 macbook pro (new)



    Do you guys thinks its a good decision? Are the problems with graphics still occurring?

    And is the graphics card good?.

    Still think them old gen macbooks look the dogs.....


    Cheers
     
  2. elmancho macrumors 6502

    elmancho

    Joined:
    Nov 5, 2008
    Location:
    Paris, France
    #2
    d wait for the new one to come out (early 2009)...
     
  3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

    Tallest Skil

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2006
    Location:
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    #3
    In all honesty, the 8600M GT is getting fairly long in the tooth.

    And we don't really know if the problems have subsided.

    Just wait. If Apple cares anything about us, when they refresh the 17" in January at MacWorld, they'll give it a 9400M and a 9700M for some actual power.
     
  4. MatLane thread starter macrumors 6502a

    MatLane

    Joined:
    Sep 30, 2008
    Location:
    England, United Kingdom
    #4
    Yeah thats what i was thinking, as seeing that chip around for a while i was worrying a bit

    ok Cheers TS

    Hopefully it is upgraded in Jan
     
  5. nevisbound macrumors newbie

    nevisbound

    Joined:
    Nov 7, 2008
    Location:
    Connecticut and NYC USA
    #5
    Don't do it unless your top two priorities are (1) I must have a 17 inch laptop and (2) I need it now! I have a 17 Dell and think the 15 mac doesn't miss a beat as far as screen usability. If you want the 17 just wait for the new one.
     
  6. firstapple macrumors 6502a

    firstapple

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2007
    #6
    You know that an update is coming, as Apple said so in their last event. Might as well wait it out and see what they end up releasing.
     
  7. benjs macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 28, 2008
    #7
    If you can afford to wait, I would. After all, worst comes to worst, they do an update you don't like, and you get the current one for a much lower clear-out price.
     
  8. macbook123 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2006
    #8
    Here's hoping that the new MBP will include the option of a high-res LCD. THe 15" model still doesn't have it, so Apple may be trying to save some $$ by only offering a low-res version in the 17 inch as well. If that's the case, I'd get the current one.
     

Share This Page