Is it worth buying a 24 Led Cinema Display for 17 inch MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by gdourado, Jun 23, 2010.

1. gdourado macrumors 6502

gdourado

Hello,

How are you?
    I have a question.
    I have a 17 inch Macbook Pro with a 9c99 display.
    I do photo work with Photoshop and lightroom.
    My display already has the 1920x1200 resolution.
    So my question is if it is worth buying a LED Cinema Display 24 for it's IPS panel. The screen would be bigger, but the resolution would be the same.
    So, is it worth the 600 Euros for the IPS panel, versus the TN panel I have on the macbook? Will the quality and color reproduction be really that different?

Thank you.
    Best regards!

2. microcolt macrumors regular

For some people it makes a HUGE difference. I have the 24" Apple Cinema Display and it is by far the clearest most amazing 24" monitor I have ever used.

As for the screen quality between the MBP and the ACD IPS you may notice a difference in colors and display quality if you deal with graphics all day long. Go to your local Apple Store and ask someone if you can hookup and test one of there ACD's with your MBP and see how you like it, or just test it on one of there machines there.

3. Siriosys macrumors regular

Siriosys

+1 for the 24inch LED ACD.

As far as "text clarity" goes and image quality goes, these things are awesome. I haven't updated my Sig yet, but I'm now using a MBP and an ACD and loving the new LED display. Much easier to read, although I would say it's worth using it with the brightness turned down a little.

It's also worth noting that along with your ACD you also get the fancy 3 headed cable-thing which provides your MBP with power so you can keep your Magsafe in your laptop bag and also 3 x USB ports out the back so it's easy to disconnect your MBP and walk away without having to disconnect peripherals if you use it in clamshell mode.

I'd DEFINITELY be going into an Apple store and checking one out, however, I've always noticed the lighting in those stores is nothing like 'real world' which may affect your perception of one.

.....just my 2c worth.