Is it worth camping out for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LaynieGorilla, Sep 20, 2012.

1. LaynieGorilla macrumors 6502

I will be purchasing the iPhone either in downtown Philly, Pa or suburban square. I just want to know what's the likeihood of getting an iPhone 5 without the store running out? I plan to go around 1am tonight. Are people usually able to get a phone if they camp out at that time or is there usually only like 50 or 100 phones per store usually? Since im going to get there after midnight, is it worth it? Anyone who camped out before care to input?

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

I'm almost positive you'll get one. They'll have several hundreds of them.

3. apierrec macrumors 6502

Go to an Apple Store really early tomorrow OR get some sleep NOW :D. If lines too long as in thousands of people long (you have a good chance getting one if it's just hundred people long) - go to your carrier stores or Best Buy or Radio Shack or Walmart. Me thinks, I could be wrong.

To answer your question: Only you can answer that. (You'll definitely get one if you did that after midnight)

I've never done it and will never camp overnight. I'll fall in line really early someday, not this year as it's possible am getting one tomorrow. I do not have the extra cash for pre-order.

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Camping out is silly and makes no sense at all then again my time is worth more

5. Mercennarius macrumors member

If you go at 1AM you should be fine...there will probably be a line but I doubt more then 100 people will be there. The main carriers usually get a couple hundred of each model(16,32,64).

6. creativedogmedia macrumors 65816

creativedogmedia

You couldn't pay me to camp out for anything in downtown Philly.

7. Joewat64 macrumors regular

I think it would be fun if I had someone to do it with me. I have one coming tomorrow but if I didn't I would consider it.