Is it worth getting a replacement?

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
So I received my iPhone 5, and the lock button seems loose, are the lock buttons suppose to be like this? If not is it worth getting a replacement for it, is that something apple can fix?

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
I put a large portion of the blame on Apple, the way they hype up the product, causes people's expectations to climb to unreasonable heights. When you have people looking for the perfection Apple creates, this is what you get.

Take it back as fast as possible. Apple will likely replace it.

Comment

Need4spd28

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2012
LoL! I know the feeling sometimes.

IF you're unhappy with your iPhone, take it to the apple store and see what they can do for you, why make a thread asking about it here?
Gee, I don't know, because this is a forum dedicated to all things iPhone? If you don't like it, don't read it.

Comment

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Make an appointment with an Applestore and get it replaced. It's your right and you'll feel a lot better about your purchase. I replaced my launch day scuffed phone for a aesthetically flawless one and got battery life with this unit to boot.

Comment

kevin222

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2006
I have two iPhone 5's and they are both loose for me - but so was my iPhone 4S lock button. I'm sure you might be able to get it replaced but I think many of these are like this so you could end up with another.

Comment

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
People need to come to a forum to ask what they should do when they are unhappy with a product? I guess common sense isn't so common.
It's not that I don't know what to do, it's that I'm seeking advice too further my decision. But I ended up taking it in and they told me its the way it was cut that some iPhones have a lose lock button.

Comment

GoreVidal

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2011
It's not that I don't know what to do, it's that I'm seeking advice too further my decision. But I ended up taking it in and they told me its the way it was cut that some iPhones have a lose lock button.
Was that worth your time?

Comment

Jameswma

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
going to try to get a replacement today about that issue. the lock button vibrates and makes a loud noise. defeats the purpose of putting the phone on vibrate

Comment

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
My 4S buttons are solid. I'd replace. Really seems the 5 has the most hardware issues out of all the iPhones. Seems like they dropped the ball a little when it comes to quality control.

Comment