Is it worth getting a replacement?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by metzy25, Sep 28, 2012.

1. metzy25 macrumors 6502a

metzy25

So I received my iPhone 5, and the lock button seems loose, are the lock buttons suppose to be like this? If not is it worth getting a replacement for it, is that something apple can fix?

2. close2reality macrumors 6502

this forums going to make me stab my eyes with forks.

3. AFDoc macrumors 68030

LoL! I know the feeling sometimes.

IF you're unhappy with your iPhone, take it to the apple store and see what they can do for you, why make a thread asking about it here?

4. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

if you feel that its loose and its bothering you might as well go check it out

5. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

I put a large portion of the blame on Apple, the way they hype up the product, causes people's expectations to climb to unreasonable heights. When you have people looking for the perfection Apple creates, this is what you get.

Take it back as fast as possible. Apple will likely replace it.

6. Need4spd28 macrumors newbie

Gee, I don't know, because this is a forum dedicated to all things iPhone? If you don't like it, don't read it.

7. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

Make an appointment with an Applestore and get it replaced. It's your right and you'll feel a lot better about your purchase. I replaced my launch day scuffed phone for a aesthetically flawless one and got battery life with this unit to boot.

8. kevin222 macrumors member

I have two iPhone 5's and they are both loose for me - but so was my iPhone 4S lock button. I'm sure you might be able to get it replaced but I think many of these are like this so you could end up with another.

9. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

10. AFDoc macrumors 68030

People need to come to a forum to ask what they should do when they are unhappy with a product? I guess common sense isn't so common.

11. metzy25 thread starter macrumors 6502a

metzy25

It's not that I don't know what to do, it's that I'm seeking advice too further my decision. But I ended up taking it in and they told me its the way it was cut that some iPhones have a lose lock button.

12. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

Was that worth your time?

13. Jameswma macrumors newbie

going to try to get a replacement today about that issue. the lock button vibrates and makes a loud noise. defeats the purpose of putting the phone on vibrate

14. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My 4S buttons are solid. I'd replace. Really seems the 5 has the most hardware issues out of all the iPhones. Seems like they dropped the ball a little when it comes to quality control.