Is it worth selling my 15" retina for the next gen 13" Macbook Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrmarts, Oct 14, 2013.

1. mrmarts, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013

mrmarts macrumors 65816

Hey Guys

I am considering selling my Macbook 15" retina for a next gen 13" Macbook Retina, my reasons to downscale in terms of hardware and size are as follows:

1) I have an IMac 27" on preorder and will be getting an iPad soon.

2) I do not have much estate on my glass desk.

3) For the aforementioned reasons i will be hardly using my Macbook at home and going more mobile with the new 13" retina for Uni, library etc , as I still find the 15" a bit uncomfortable to setup.

4) I hardly game on it, however i do like to be able to play casual games like Burn Zombie Burn, Stacking, Toki Tori 2, Brutal Legend, DeathSpank etc and future ones as well.

Will I be doing a mistake by giving up a 15" for a 13"? will I able to play casual games comfortably with Haswell's integrated graphics card?, and will I still be able to enjoy the Macbook retina experience on a 13" display!

2. fskywalker macrumors 65816

fskywalker

Guess you will have to wait for the release of the Haswell 13 rMBP to see what comes with it....... I downgraded from my 2012 max out 15" rMBP to a 2012 max out 13" rMBP looking for better portability and have no regrets, so believe either the current Ivy Bridge or the new 13 inch Maxwell rMBP will work for you!

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you find the 15" inconvenient and want a 13", I see no reason not to switch.