Is it worth switching to AT&T if wife still on Verizon?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by blake19rs, Nov 20, 2008.

1. blake19rs macrumors newbie

Want to get iphone, although I will check out the storm tomorrow. My question is whether it worth switching to AT&T to get the iphone when my wife is still tied into her verizon contract for another year?

Any input appreciated?

2. nic63impss macrumors newbie

check out the Blackberry Storm, launchs tomorrow and is best thing since wireless service

3. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Check first if you have good coverage under AT&T on your area, if you do get an iPhone. With the release of the 2.2 firmware, everything became smoother and slicker, not to mention some minor additions to the iPhone itself but still - the growing App store will almost provide you anything that you want out of your iPhone. That's why I love iPhone, it could do almost everything through the power of apps ;)

On a side note, check the iPhone's disadvantages. So far no MMS, no Copy/Paste etc. But so far, all of its capabilities could just easily overthrow those, just my two cents.

4. SBG macrumors newbie

AT&T = many dropped calls

Verizon on the otherhand i had service with them for 4 years and to this day i dont remember a dropped called or a place i didnt get service. Yes i have an iphone but the service is horrible and even though the map says im in a strong 3g area the phone says "no service"

5. BrentT macrumors member

BrentT

I would ask friends in your area of use about their experiences with AT&T. For me, switching to AT&T was the best thing I ever did. Many places where my Verizon phone never worked now work fine. I also have yet to find a place where it doesn't work for me while on the road. I had one dropped call in 6 months but I also had them with Verizon occasionally.

The quality of service varies all over the country for every carrier. You need to research what will work best for you in your primary calling area.

I still think the iPhone is the best smartphone around. All the new ones from the competition are improvements but still look like imitations to me, and are missing some important features.

The ease of finding and installing third-party software is what made the iPod the most successful mp3 player, even if is was never the best player. The same goes for the iPhone in comparison to other smartphones.

6. chrisgeleven macrumors 6502

Entirely depends on where you live as to the quality of service.

Also keep in mind, it maybe cheaper for both of you to switch to AT&T as you can get on a family plan.