Is it worth waiting in line Sunday at Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doxielover, Oct 21, 2012.

1. doxielover macrumors 6502a

doxielover

Just wondering if anyone has had any luck getting an iPhone on Sunday morning? Looking to buy a device only iPhone 5.

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Not in the Uk as they only sell the sim free version to people who have been successful in reserving one.

The network shops where i reside are now getting more and more iphone 5's in stock which are for contract customers.

Nothing on payg yet.

3. doxielover thread starter macrumors 6502a

doxielover

The Apple store I went to said they would sell the AT&T without a contract but. I would have to come in the mornings and wait in line I just didn't know if Sunday would be a bad day to do that.

4. rollingstart Guest

Normally retail stores (generally speaking) don't get Saturday afternoon or Sunday morning shipments. So I say yes, Sunday is a bad day to wait.

However if the store isn't too far away I guess you can drop by early and see if anyone's on line, and take a chance. If no one's waiting just pop in when the store opens.

This is my "swag", by the way.

5. StinkyDonk macrumors regular

In the UK, i went to one on a Sunday (trafford centre if anyone from the UK reading this) & all i can say is full on nightmare.

Some woman couldn't leave her table to get my a phone & sent me to the door. What a stupid system. I had £500 in my hand ready to buy & she can't leave her table. I wouldn't mind but she was just standing there doing nothing. If that happened where i work then i'd be out of a job.

Then to cut the long story a bit short, the guy at the door basically ignored me, so i left & didn't buy the phone at all.

6. mplenhart macrumors newbie

When I picked up my iPhone 5 yesterday, the guy at the Apple store said there is a line every morning and they go out when they open to tell them they are sold out. Unless you do personal pickup at 10PM you're not getting one.

7. Huginnmuninn macrumors regular

Huginnmuninn

Waiting in line is so sad. Instead enjoy your life and get your phone when there are good stocks in inventory.

8. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Agreed. Its just a phone.

9. bushman4 macrumors 68000

Weekdays have better chance of getting Iphone5 as people are working and not on line.
    Best bet is to wait a few weeks till we see some inventory around or order online ( either Apple.com or reservation )and get it over with.

10. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

go on like a tuesday or wednesday, those are the slowest days of the week.

11. stuaz macrumors 6502

I didnt even know people were still queuing for them lol.

Buy it online and be done with it - so what its a 3-4 week wait, at least you know you will get one and then in the mean time you can have a normal life! :D

12. faiz23 macrumors 6502

faiz23

Stood in line on launch day for 25 minutes and it was a fun experience. It was inside the mall and apple reps were extremely accommodating. I was able to line up around 7:45pm and still able to get 2 iphones on launch day. In all of Dallas this specific store had the smallest lines and the most inventory. Guess what it was the closest to my house and easy to access within 5 minutes drive. With having 5 stores local to me all within 25 minutes makes it very convenient and easy to locate inventory for friends and family. Regardless now that they have started the reservation system, I would not be waiting in line. That was only day 1 and it was fun to wait in line for a product and see tons of people being sent away since they had no more stock, while I was guaranteed 2 unlocked iphone 5 16gb white. :apple:

13. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

we can't purchase the phone as "device only" online. Duh.

14. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

see everyone talking about having no life if you wait in line has no clue what they are talking about. Some people are getting this as a gift, some people just want the device only, some people have cash and no credit card.

15. stuaz macrumors 6502

Oh its an american thing then? Strange normally things are harder for people outside America ;)

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I think sunday is the only day they do not get shipments. I did a reserve a few weeks ago on saturday night for sunday pick up.

17. nitemare macrumors regular

my local apple store said they do not get shipments on sunday and monday

18. msaftw macrumors member

I'm in Houston, and they get Saturday night shipments. But the local mall did not so went an extra 10 miles to get one....AT&T activation nightmares ensued but got it straightened out!