Is iTunes Down?

kas23

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
I have not been able to connect to iTunes, not Mac App Store for an hour. Anyone else having a problem?

wrparis

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but ...

I can access iTunes, listen to sample music and view movie trailers, but I'm unable to purchase anything from the iTunes store or access my account. I tried on my Mac, iPad and iPhone (both home network and 3g). On my Mac I just get "Accessing iTunes Store…" and eventually an error message saying the network connection was dropped.

Also the initial loading of the iTunes Store page takes very long to load - a minute or so.

I've rebooted and reload iTunes (10.5.3) - but the problem remains.

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
Yeah--I've tried on my Mac to access iTunes store--no go. Tried to view movies from the cloud on ATV--no go. Tried to update apps on my phone--no go--even tried wif-fi and 3G--no go. Most likely a problem on the Apple end.

kas23

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 28, 2007
Not sure if this is what you are experiencing but ...

I can access iTunes, listen to sample music and view movie trailers, but I'm unable to purchase anything from the iTunes store or access my account. I tried on my Mac, iPad and iPhone (both home network and 3g). On my Mac I just get "Accessing iTunes Store…" and eventually an error message saying the network connection was dropped.

Also the initial loading of the iTunes Store page takes very long to load - a minute or so.

I've rebooted and reload iTunes (10.5.3) - but the problem remains.
Yes, this is my problem. I can access the store, but cannot update an apps.

zipmtb

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2012
Every combination imaginable tried

I have an MBA, Win7 desktop, iPad1, iPad2, IOS 5.01, IOS 4.3, cable internet, WiFi, tether to Iphone.

Tried every single combination and I get the same problem. Try to either purchase and app or update an app and it just hangs and then get the error.

I tried to download a new educate epub from iBooks2 and no problem.

Load iTunes fine, recognizes me, but if I try to view my account info, then no go.

Seems like and Apple issue verifying the password. Don't know but it is very annoying.

Zip

xxxsteveoxxx

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
I can't download any apps or update on my iPad 2 or 4S. Not jail broken. Been this way for hours. Multiple power cycles hasn't helped

timothy632

macrumors member
Feb 17, 2009
Same Problem

I have an iPhone 3gs with latest iOS5 update and I am having the same problem. I can connect to the internet through 3g and wifi but I can't download or update any apps. When I try the app just stays stuck in "waiting" until I get a "cannot connect to iTunes" and it disappears. Tried reseting iPhone and still nothing...

xxxsteveoxxx

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2010
I have an iPhone 3gs with latest iOS5 update and I am having the same problem. I can connect to the internet through 3g and wifi but I can't download or update any apps. When I try the app just stays stuck in "waiting" until I get a "cannot connect to iTunes" and it disappears. Tried reseting iPhone and still nothing...
I have the exact same problem, We are not crazy. Its just really strange that its only effecting some users

Moyank24

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2009
in a New York State of mind
I have the exact same problem, We are not crazy. Its just really strange that its only effecting some users
Me too - I just tried updating an app on my phone and it's been stuck on waiting. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.