Is iTunes Radio slaying your lives right now too?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by skysailing, Aug 1, 2013.

1. skysailing macrumors regular

skysailing

It's seriously freaking amazing! Especially when you are an iTunes Match subscriber. It made me cancel my Pandora subscription - which is a big deal.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

How often do you hear voice ads in iTunes radio ?

3. maxosx macrumors 68020

I was tempted but I'm taking a wait and see position. Apples cloud services record is not that great. At some point they're bound to improve. I can easily wait till then.

4. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Never if you have iTunes Match like OP.

Otherwise it's just like all the other radio brands you hear an ad every few songs.

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Never been a fan of the iTunes offering....way to limiting In my opnion..I use TuneIn Radio Pro.....more stations, recording function etc etc.

Sometimes I'll use VLC, but my phone and iPad use TuneIn.

6. skysailing thread starter macrumors regular

skysailing

Voice ads? never. An iTunes Match subscriber gets ad-free listening.

----------

You should definitely try it out. Very customizable and the integration with Mac is spectacular.

----------

Haven't used TuneIn tbh. I like the iTunes integration because Genius has always been a main source for new amazing music for me to discover.

7. kftrainer macrumors regular

kftrainer

Songs repeating after a hour

There is a problem with songs repeating after a hour on iTunes 11.1. Has anyone experienced that ?

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

There has been a lot of iOS7 discussion about this. The consensus seems to be summed up in one word: beta.

9. ElectricSheep macrumors 6502

ElectricSheep

During the first weeks where iTunes Radio was available to iOS7 beta users, the station selection and available tracks was quite limited. I have definitely notice that things are becoming more diversified as iOS beta releases progress and we get closer to the final product.

10. batting1000 macrumors 604

I'm having this weird bug/issue where iTunes Radio will non-stop skip every song without playing one. I noticed it when I went into it after having it sitting idle for awhile in the background and when I clicked play, all it did was skip song after song without even beginning to play one.

11. sh0vel macrumors member

sh0vel

Noticed this as well. Restarting iTunes doesn't help. What works for me is playing a song from the library then switching back to Radio.

12. Beavix, Aug 2, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2013

Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Same here, but I haven't noticed this bug yet in Mavericks, but only when running iTunes 11.1 beta in Mountain Lion.

LATER EDIT: It happens in Mavericks too. :(

13. activate macrumors regular

Is the remote app on iOS seeing the iTunes radio running on 10.9 for anyone ?

14. hakuryuu macrumors 6502

I'm actually disappointed in the sound quality on the desktop. I would have expected it to match what iTunes Match provides for the music I own when streaming. But I compared a song I heard on radio vs match and it was significantly worse on radio. That would be fine if this were the free version but since I pay for match I expect a higher quality.

15. activate macrumors regular

This is my first go with internet radio stations. Is it worse than pandora or spottily ?

16. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

At this point (IMO) yes it is worse than both of those.

1) Not available many places (pretty sure it's only USA at this point)
    2) Low selection of songs (getting lots of repeats both in songs and ads)
    3) Buggy (as others have commented it will get into an infinite skipping loop sometimes, I also notice that it doesn't seem to want to progress tracks if iTunes is working on something like adding artwork to a song)

Then again it is still beta at this point so I wouldn't really expect anything better.

Maybe a year or two after it's been out it will be able to compete as a top radio implementation.

17. LoveDrop macrumors newbie

deezer.com . Its less then 6$ for my country. Great for discover new music and create an online library.

18. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Maybe after all those gigantic eco-friendly "renewable energy hyped" foo-foo Data/Server Facilities are completed and are in operation?

19. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

$6?
    Well...That's 6 dollars more that what i pay for my music.;)

20. activate macrumors regular

i am not that concerned about bugs considering its dev stage. The content I do expect to improve considering it has descended from Apple's core business. What I would be disappointed about is if stream quality is below par or 256kbps. On the other hand, it may be automatically throttled like youtube's smart apps. Lets see.

21. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

I find the song selection a little lacking..... For instance I have an "Enigma" station and it plays Madonna and all kinds of other music I do not consider related.

So far I like Pandora's selections better for my taste....
    I'm sure it will get better in time.

22. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

...again iTunes Radio is in beta test at this time and not ment to compete with Pandora or any other product (just bugs).

We all know Apple has accesses to probably the largest music library on earth and will offer near full access when it actually goes live. I'm sure Apple is purposely limiting the content because it makes testing easer and more accurate. It's not about the user experience yet because there are NO users, only testers.

23. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

no

24. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

iTunes Radio for the rest of us.:D Haven't had a chance to setup yet but glad to see 11.1.