Is jailbreaking killing DropZap 2 with one star reviews in the App Store?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by amichail, Sep 16, 2011.

1. amichail macrumors newbie

Check out the slaughter:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dropzap-2/id378977964?mt=8

I have reasons to suspect that jailbreaking is responsible for DropZap 2 v2.1's freeze and subsequent crash on launch reported by some users.

Please give the app a try. If your device is not jailbroken and it still freezes/crashes on launch for you, please let me know.

2. tsoliassoftware macrumors newbie

Do you have any crash logs? That will tell you for sure where it is crashing in your application.

Without those it will be hard to say for sure.

I tried the application on a jailbroken iphone2 and it worked just fine. No issues at all.

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Froze and crashed--no primary or secondary suspects per CrashReporter. Tertiary is listed as DropZap 2. Let me know if you want the actual crash log.

(iPhone 4, 4.2.1 JB'd with Pwnage (baseband preserved), way too much loaded on there to list both JB and AppStore, but JB is typically stable.)

4. amichail thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, please, I would like to see the crash log.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Sent to the gmail addy linked to the Google group in your AppSupport link on the iTunes store. Hope it helps you out in some way, good luck!

6. amichail thread starter macrumors newbie

Got it, thanks.

BTW, do you know if there is an easy and safe way for a user to run an app without mobile substrate add-ons?

7. amichail, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2011

amichail thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone encountering freezes/crashes on launch willing to try out ad hoc build variations of DropZap 2 to help me identify the problem?