Is liquipel legit?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by callum23, Jan 31, 2012.

1. callum23 macrumors member

Is this thing called liquipel where you can give your phone to them and they put it in some machine and make it completely waterproof? Anyone got it and it works? And how much money?

2. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Never used it im wary of sending my 300 dollar phone to someone but they were featured at CES this year

3. Polo2883 macrumors regular

My thing is, I wonder if the warranty is voided after the product is applied. I have seen from reviews on this product and it looks legit

4. iphoneIA macrumors regular

Just saw it this morning on the news and looks amazing. If it worked I think it would be worth the money but like a PP I am wary on sending my 300 dollar phone out. I will wait and do some more research on it.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yea I heard about this but I would not want to send my iphone to them just to get this thing done on my iphone. I hope that Apple will implement this on their product starting from next generation iphone, this way nobody would have to worry about the phone getting wet.

6. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

It seemed like it was going to be a technology primarily available to phone (and other electronics) manufactures so they can make waterproof phones from the start.

Not so end users could send in their stuff to get coated. I'm not ruling out the possibility of such a thing, but it seems unlikely to me.

7. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

It most certainly is from what I've seen it leaves a noticeable shine on it plus the inside is coated as well

8. DankNugz macrumors regular

The outside isn't coated. They open up the phone and coat the inside of everything then put it back together and send it back to you.

9. dojoman macrumors 65816

I guess no one wants to try this? Even if I coated my phone I'd be scare to just test it out.

10. rockametrics macrumors regular

We are due for upgrade at end of month and will be sending phone off to have this done. Once I get it back I will send in my other 4S in as well. This way we will have no disruption in service.

I have watched some youtube videos and seems legit. Hopefully Apple buys them.

I can see a great commercial by Apple...
    It won't be for another couple weeks but I will review once I have it done.