Is macbook 2010 really 10 hours of battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AznTakumi, Feb 6, 2012.

1. AznTakumi macrumors regular

I'm about to get one and I was wondering is anyone actually getting the 10 hours of battery life and if so, what are you doing to get 10 hours?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Few, if any, are getting 10 hours during normal use. Apple's figures are based on very carefully chosen conditions. There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Macintosh-HD macrumors member

Mehh.. If you keep the screen at under half brightness and are working offline (wi-fi and bluetooth off) with non CPU intensive programs, then you could probably squeeze close to that out of it.

However with wifi on and screen at half bright, the timer on mine at full charge says 7 hrs give or take, however, I've never actually timed it for real.

It's a heck of a lot better than the factory battery in my PC laptop which makes me happy. :cool:

4. davidhunternyc macrumors member

More importantly, the 2010 Macbook charges far faster than the models before it.

5. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

I get about the same usage that I get from my 2008 black MB. With screen on full bright and letting the screen occasionally sleep, maybe 3-4 hours. My Battery has 224 cycles with 86% health left.

6. Jesse813 macrumors newbie

Nope. I get about 5 - 6 hours a charge. i consider that to be pretty good time though especially compared to some windows Laptops.

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I've gotten close to 10 hours using my macbook. If you do things like light browsing, microsoft word, things like that you could probably get 10 hours of battery life. But if you're watching videos, listening to music or playing games, you definitely won't be getting 10 hours of battery life.