is mccain campaigning on the apocolypse?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Apr 19, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

link

from singing about bombing iran, to telling tim russert he thinks we can bring on armageddon by attacking iran, to courting groups using political influence to bring about armageddon, i have to wonder if john mccain is that crazy or that desperate to fulfill his presidential destiny. or fill his overinflated ego, take your pick.

2. szark macrumors 68030

szark

I would like to apologize on behalf of the citizens of the state of Arizona.

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Kissing the ass of the GOP faithful is never a pretty sight, and McCain has a tougher row to hoe in this regard than most because of his previous campaigns as a moderate.

4. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

5. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Seconded. Trust me, I won't be voting for this nut if he runs for his Senate seat again when he (hopefully) loses the Republican nomination. I voted against Kyl as well, who I personally find as insane as McCain, but he won. :(

Unfortunately people here love him, for some strange reason. Hopefully his campaign will show everyone how unstable and unfit for public office he really is.

6. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Is McCain just as much as flipflopper as Kerry was? Geez :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

7. Legolamb macrumors 6502a

Legolamb

Are you implying that McCain is a Republican hoe;)

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Trust me. McCain isn't the darling of the GOP faithful. He just hasn't realized it yet. He just doesn't recognize the sun setting on his carerr yet.

9. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

utterly useless. instead of wondering why i ever bother to read your posts, i'm adding you to my ignore list. thus ending the week on a high note.

10. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

LOL, that must have stung. Soon you'll be talking to yourself.

11. aquajet macrumors 68020

My God, I think I agree with you.

I used to have a great deal of respect for McCain, but unfortunately, it seems he's sold his soul. Shame.

12. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I don't know if it's his age or what but lately he can't seem to discern between when he's talking to his collegues in the Senate, the press or "the folks". I think that's what's going to doom his campaign.

13. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Maybe McCain just fumbled a very sophisticated joke that we're all too stupid to understand?

14. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Nah, he was trying to be hip and forgot that the Beach Boys aren't exactly a modern group anymore.

15. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Yes, it's an arcane reference to the obscure genre of humor known as beachboyania, about which many academic papers have been written.

16. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Alas, too bad, can't face the truth :rolleyes:

17. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Heh heh. That's funny. Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran. Crap I can't get this song out of my head.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I think McCain will tend to be Bush-like in his following the guidance of his Higher Power to make the tough decisions.:eek: ;)

18. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I think that drubbing he received in 2000 may have given him a severe brain injury. ;)

19. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

That's what he gets for trying to hold meaningful intercourse with an asshat.

"It's well-documented that we have for quite a long time now known where the real problem is in the Middle East..."

You just ****ing know that ol' ****nuts there was saying the same dumb **** about Iraq and Saddam Hussein four years ago. Instead of not feeding the troll and trying to be rational and more mature than stupid, McCain tried to play down to the level of "guy you'd like to have a beer with" that won elections for Bush.

Turns out the guy you "like to have a beer with" is an alcoholic and a disaster at running the country. Who'd'a'thunk? I hope this faux populist litmus test dies with Bush.

20. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Let's admit it. Nader >> McCain any given day of the week.

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

And I thought Democrats we open to all ideas.

Don't disappoint me now zimv20, you are one of the few that I truly enjoy trying to understand your logic and seeing where you are coming from.

22. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

should mr prince decide to start contributing in any kind of meaningful way, i'll have another look. though i'm open-minded, i don't like having my time wasted.

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Fair enough!

Although if you have him ignored, how will you know if he changes? I guess you could tell by others quoting him.

24. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No, this was pretty obvious to everybody. No one needs to twist it into something it isn't. But like last time, it's not really that funny even if you take it for what it is.

At least he didn't accuse you of watching soap operas. :mad:

25. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

my pig will fly away? :)