Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kayleee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
Point here is not replacement..its working perfectly I don't need to replace..

Macbook Air mid 2013

Im just wondering
When I got the LOGIC BOARD replaced, did the RAM get automatically replaced or is it a separate part?

Apart from that,
Who Manufactures Logic boards for Apple?

Like there is a way to make out who manufactured the Display via system info(Mine is manufactured by LG), is there a way to know the same in terms of LOGIC BOARD?

Point here is, I got my logic board replaced by apple and very oddly if seems as though the performance has gone down, when they replace the LOGIC board under warranty, DO THEY USE USED LOGIC BOARD OR EVEN REFURBISHED LOGIC BOARDS? Maybe that is the reason why its slow now?

Please help :(

redheeler

macrumors G3
Oct 17, 2014
Colorado, USA
The RAM is soldered onto the logic board, so it's all one part. I doubt this is the cause of your problem, though. Have you tried a clean install?

kayleee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
The RAM is soldered onto the logic board, so it's all one part. I doubt this is the cause of your problem, though. Have you tried a clean install?
No I advent done that..is there a way to find logic boards age or to check if its been replaced?

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
Point here is not replacement..its working perfectly I don't need to replace..

Macbook Air mid 2013

Im just wondering
When I got the LOGIC BOARD replaced, did the RAM get automatically replaced or is it a separate part?

Apart from that,
Who Manufactures Logic boards for Apple?

Like there is a way to make out who manufactured the Display via system info(Mine is manufactured by LG), is there a way to know the same in terms of LOGIC BOARD?

Point here is, I got my logic board replaced by apple and very oddly if seems as though the performance has gone down, when they replace the LOGIC board under warranty, DO THEY USE USED LOGIC BOARD OR EVEN REFURBISHED LOGIC BOARDS? Maybe that is the reason why its slow now?

Please help :(
Since your computer is only 2 years old or a bit over it, chances are that Apple still had in stock unused logic boards for the replacement.
However even if they would use refurbished parts, Apple takes care that those parts should be in perfect working condition, as are refurbished entire macs sold by Apple.
It's hard therefore to think that they used for a repair under warranty inferior parts.
That would just cause a need of a further warranty replacement, meaning for Apple to invest more time, work and money.
That makes no sense.
You should discard that kind of fears in my opinion.
A clean install of your OS as had been suggested by redheeler is the way to go.
Ed

Reactions: kayleee

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
I'm assuming Apple did nothing with the drive re: updating it?

What does Activity Monitor say? See any processes using large amounts of CPU? Or for that matter, what does Activity Monitor say re: memory pressure?

Reactions: kayleee

kayleee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 20, 2013
I'm assuming Apple did nothing with the drive re: updating it?

What does Activity Monitor say? See any processes using large amounts of CPU? Or for that matter, what does Activity Monitor say re: memory pressure?
They cleaned the entire drive, it was fresh install..but I had taken a time machine backup for this purpose so I can restore all of it back..
[doublepost=1455437230][/doublepost]
Since your computer is only 2 years old or a bit over it, chances are that Apple still had in stock unused logic boards for the replacement.
However even if they would use refurbished parts, Apple takes care that those parts should be in perfect working condition, as are refurbished entire macs sold by Apple.
It's hard therefore to think that they used for a repair under warranty inferior parts.
That would just cause a need of a further warranty replacement, meaning for Apple to invest more time, work and money.
That makes no sense.
You should discard that kind of fears in my opinion.
A clean install of your OS as had been suggested by redheeler is the way to go.
Ed
Thank you :)

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
If new copy of OS, same version as before? Or did they put on El Cap? If El Cap, might have a program that is incompatible with El Cap, causing the grief. Again, Activity Monitor is yoyr friend here.

And since new OS, and restoring from TimeMachine, Spotlight might be re-indexing, and TimeMachine re-TimeMachine-ing the new OS copy. Take the machine out of any sleep settings you have and let it run overnight, see if things settle down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.