Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacManiac1224

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2001
NY
Is Motorola KILLING Apple? I just read this article: http://www.osopinion.com/perl/story/17368.html

Motorola is really dragging thier asses on the PowerPC project. I think Apple should drop them, Intel is kicking Apple's ass with high clock speeds, i know, i know, the megahertz myth, but let's be honest, the 1 ghz powermac can't even run OS X efficently. I think IBM should take over the reigns of the new processor desgin. Maybe use Power 4 chips in the up and coming Macs. What do you guys think?

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
hey i don't think they're dragging there asses too much

motorola keeps restructuring and laying off people... plus they must get chewed out by steve a bunch :)

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Blah blah blah Apple is dying, blah blah blah Intel is killing them, blah blah blah. Please, go back and read the discussion forum archives. We've already discussed this crap at least a half dozen times. It's getting quite stale.

Alex

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by alex_ant
Blah blah blah Apple is dying, blah blah blah Intel is killing them, blah blah blah. Please, go back and read the discussion forum archives. We've already discussed this crap at least a half dozen times. It's getting quite stale.

Alex

Here here.... Oh and MacManiac1224, if you think that a dual GHz G4 can't run OS X efficiently then wake up and get some coffee. UNLESS you have REAL world comparisons to other Mac systems running OS X (exact same versions only) then shut the f*ck up!! You are blowing some noxious fumes out of your posterior with statements like that, which can't be all that easy since you appear to have your head up there too.

Before you start whining and complaining, you asked for what we think... don't ask if you can't handle the truth...

Kid Red

macrumors 65816
Dec 14, 2001

Alex

Do you mind if I copy and paste your quote for the dozens of topics that come out about Apple dying, Apple going down, Apple's HW sucks, etc? I'm really tired of saying exactly what you said and figured it would a lot easier just to copy and paste your reply as it is exactly what i was going to say every time I see a topic like this one.

buffsldr

macrumors 6502a
May 7, 2001
Wow. Why all the emotion? It's obvious, dude gets off by comparing Apples and PC's. Fine. Motorola is killing Apple. Killing them into back to back profitable quarters, my friend. NOW WHAT?

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by kishba
hey AlphaTech...

you better add that you are a card carrying member of the anti zealot group!!

You want to suck my what????? Sorry, I only allow woman to go there.

The only membership card that I carry is for the NRA. I also have my permits to carry concealed weapons in two states... So don't f*ck with me bubba... :D

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by Kid Red
Do you mind if I copy and paste your quote for the dozens of topics that come out about Apple dying, Apple going down, Apple's HW sucks, etc? I'm really tired of saying exactly what you said and figured it would a lot easier just to copy and paste your reply as it is exactly what i was going to say every time I see a topic like this one.
That would be okay with me. Consider it public domain. ;)

Alex

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by AlphaTech
The only membership card that I carry is for the NRA. I also have my permits to carry concealed weapons in two states... So don't f*ck with me bubba... :D
Well, why don't we do something useful with this thread...

*** Commence topic hijacking ***

All guns should be outlawed, and the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution should be repealed! The murder and crime rates would decrease and people everywhere would be safer.

Thank you, carry on. :)

Alex

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
And I forgot to add - Charlton Heston is a wrinkly, senile old codger who should be strapped to a bed in a nursing home, if not a sanitarium! What kind of name is "Charlton," anyway? A name for a wacko nutcase, THAT's what kind of name!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
alphaTech and alex_ant, you two want to take it outside?

Is there a full moon tonight? Seesh. So motorola could be draggin their feet, so what. Apple's still doing great. Imagine that, someone voiced their opinion and asked for replies, and you to start a little dance. Maybe Taft was right and this forum needs a little flaming and a battle.

I have to give alex_ant some points, Charlton is getting a little long in the tooth. Have either of you seen the NRA headquarters? Its on Rte 66 around Viena, VA. A large, mirrored glass building, highly visible from the road. Not very appealing actually.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA

Here here.... Oh and MacManiac1224, if you think that a dual GHz G4 can't run OS X efficiently then wake up and get some coffee. UNLESS you have REAL world comparisons to other Mac systems running OS X (exact same versions only) then shut the f*ck up!! You are blowing some noxious fumes out of your posterior with statements like that, which can't be all that easy since you appear to have your head up there too.

Before you start whining and complaining, you asked for what we think... don't ask if you can't handle the truth...

I love this guy! And yes...1234, go take a trip to an apple store and try one out. And then...shut the f*ck up! :D

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA

You want to suck my what????? Sorry, I only allow woman to go there.

Hehe, I can imagine it now....
Alpha on his harley, with a shotgun in each of his saddle bags, with one of those....leather things filled with crushed bricks....

Come pick me up Alpha! We could be a team, and beat some sence into those....PC users/people against the NRA/that kind of stuff!

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by MacAztec

Hehe, I can imagine it now....
Alpha on his harley, with a shotgun in each of his saddle bags, with one of those....leather things filled with crushed bricks..

Now you've got me thinking of the guy in Raising Arizona who got blown up by one of his own grenades. Dual shot guns, hadn't washed since the last rainstorm, catches flies in his finger tips....

Don't mess with him:D

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by dukestreet

Now you've got me thinking of the guy in Raising Arizona who got blown up by one of his own grenades. Dual shot guns, hadn't washed since the last rainstorm, catches flies in his finger tips....

Don't mess with him:D

Hehehe, yep....that sounds pretty exact?
Are we close Alpha?

Nah...just kidding if I am starting to push the limit...;)

j763

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2001
Champaign, IL, USA
Originally posted by Alex_ant
All guns should be outlawed, and the 2nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution should be repealed! The murder and crime rates would decrease and people everywhere would be safer.

We also need to make the U.S. a democratic country. No, it's not one of the world's best democracies at all... It's totalitarian. Look at the State of the Union address by George Dubulya... Everyone in the congress on both sides stands up and applauds! When I saw that, it reminded me of the Chinese Government... I mean, republicans and democrats, same wine, different bottle... The only reason the US has got guns legalised is because the gun industry has $$$ and all the corrupt politicians are take it...

Now for the NRA's stupid argument -- "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". What the hell is wrong with them??? What purpose do guns serve? Killing stuff. Is there any reason that we'd need to kill a person or an animal? Nope.

"But people can use knives, not guns"

The fact is that gun control does work. Look at Australia and New Zeland,for instance. We have only had 1 shooting in the past 6 years... And we've never had a school shooting at all...

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by j763
Originally posted by Alex_ant

We also need to make the U.S. a democratic country. No, it's not one of the world's best democracies at all... It's totalitarian. Look at the State of the Union address by George Dubulya... Everyone in the congress on both sides stands up and applauds! When I saw that, it reminded me of the Chinese Government... I mean, republicans and democrats, same wine, different bottle... The only reason the US has got guns legalised is because the gun industry has $$$ and all the corrupt politicians are take it...

Now for the NRA's stupid argument -- "Guns don't kill people, people kill people". What the hell is wrong with them??? What purpose do guns serve? Killing stuff. Is there any reason that we'd need to kill a person or an animal? Nope.

"But people can use knives, not guns"

The fact is that gun control does work. Look at Australia and New Zeland,for instance. We have only had 1 shooting in the past 6 years... And we've never had a school shooting at all...

Wow, we have a liberal on board.
I have a question for you....who fires the gun? No gun just goes off and kills people. Its the mind behind the gun....
Guns do serve a purpose on the earth. And, guns are used for hunting, protection, and for collectors.

Now, please...dont be such a democrat. You sound like my grandmother with that attidude.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
The gun legislation in this country is getting sick. It takes a hell of a lot more $$ for us to keep the rights we have been given then it does to take them away.

For the record, for the limp wristed liberals in here (you know who you are), I use my pistol (just one) for competition shooting. I also have the RIGHT to carry it for protection, and the licenses to back that up. I have had background checks run on me, which is part of the process up here in the tax state. Never mind the fact that I had a high security clearance for one of my past jobs (for a DOD contractor no less). All that means that the FBI, NSA, DOD, as well as police (if not more agencies) in at least two states have full files on me. I have NO criminal history of ANY kind, but they still did the full background check, even after I had the security clearnace.

As for the murder and crime rates dropping if all the law abiding citizens no longer had firearms, that's just so much bullsh*t. Do some research bubba... Notice how the states that made it easier (not easy, just easier) for LAW abiding citizens to LEGALLY obtain firearms had a drop in the number of violent crimes. You will NEVER completely eliminate firearms, if someone wants one bad enough, they will get one. Just like when they had prohibition all those years ago, where it was illegal to drink alcohol... remember how well that worked??? :rolleyes:

One last thing... compare the numbers of people killed each year by cigarettes (yes killed) as well as in auto 'accidents' with deaths from firearms. I think you might be surprised.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Bwahahaha! My hijacking was a success! Now, the next thread that talks about Apple dying, I'm gonna start up an abortion debate.

Alex

Dude, you have WAY too much free time on your hands.

alex_ant

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2002
All up in your bidness
Originally posted by MacAztec
Hehe. I do too, but I just got home from my baseball game about an hour ago. I blasted a triple! Hehehe....

Anyways....
Ahem! The topic is, "is Motorola killing Apple?" Stop trying to steer us off-course, you dirty thread-hijacker you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.