is Mountain Lion the last piece of the puzzle?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by slimbek, Apr 24, 2012.

1. slimbek macrumors regular

Right now it seems like iOS is the young kid teaching the OSX parent how to use technology.

And I can't imagine Apple is a fan of the current disjointedness of Apps between OSX and iOS... ie: iPhoto syncing, iWork OSX and iCloud, plus any of the other myriad of issues we all have with workflow etc.
    They're doing their best to make it "just work" but it's really not what it could be.

Is Mountain Lion the missing piece?
    I haven't personally used the developer previews etc. so I've no idea on it's true features - I just think they must be as desperate as us to move into the true Post-PC era - or at least, a full iCloud era - and have it all working together once and for all.

Or will we have to wait until OS 11. The big rewrite that turns it all upside down (like Windows 8 is trying to do).

I almost think they would have moved there quicker - but with the recent consumer craze, high profits and new customer pick-up, perhaps they're moving a little slower so as not to scare anyone off?

Thoughts?

2. talmy macrumors 601

talmy

No it's not. Totally missing are any collaboration features and there are many who will say that OS X is moving backwards as far as productivity is concerned.