Is my Airport extreme starting to die? iOS devices can't connect.

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by terzinator, Jun 12, 2013.

1. terzinator macrumors 6502

The computers in the house can see the network, for the most part (a few MBPs, an MBA, etc...) but the iOS devices barely can. They can see it but, for the most part, they can't connect. It's been spotty the past couple of days. Sometimes you see that you have wifi, sometimes you're on 4G (or nothing at all, for the iPod touches)... And this is across all iOS devices. Not any one in particular.

"DO YOU HAVE WIFI?!!!" is all my family says to each other lately. The novelty is wearing off.

Anyway, I've tried restarting it a handful of times. Haven't done a reset to factory settings yet; maybe it's time to do that.

it's a time capsule, for what it's worth. It's currently doing a backup right now, so I know it works... but is there some diagnostic thing I can do? I know if I hold down the option key and click on the wifi icon, I get extra info, but not sure if it's telling me anything worth regarding. RSSI, Transmit Rate, etc...

2. sick z33 macrumors 6502

I would restore to factory before assuming any hardware issues! I've done it before to fix a couple of odd problems I could never figure out.