Is Obama a Marxist?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by fivepoint, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Just wondering what you guys all think of this. Some of you will undoubtedly (and perhaps rightfully) say that Obama does not vote as a Marxist in the senate... and others will say "What's wrong with that? I'm a Marxist, and Obama is too!"

My question is, which is true? Is Obama closer to being a Marxist than he lets on? Is he diluting his views in order to increase his likelihood of being nominated in the United States? Or is this all a huge republican conspiracy designed to scare the public?

As a side question... is this more or less important than Sarah Palin's wardrobe? :D

2. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

3. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Enough reason for me to find the printed version of this article... and use it as toilet paper. ;)

BL.

4. geese macrumors 6502a

geese

What?!?!?

Students associating themselves with left wing professors AND THEN drifting centre-wards as they get older!?!?!?!?

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Good god! An opinion piece from Fox News. What a surprise. I've said it before and I'll say it again- you people really are desperate, and I'm enjoying every second of it.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Another act of desperation. I'm only surprised that they didn't work in something about him not being an American.

7. MacHipster macrumors 6502

Fivepoint, can you even tell me what a Marxist is?

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I thought he was a celebrity Muslim. Or too inexperienced. Or someone wanting to teach 4 year olds about sex ed. Or a hard-bitten Chicago pol...

I can't keep up with whatever BS they're pushing this week.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll jump on that in a few days. I really hope they do, too. It's nice to see their true colors so vividly. Keep it up, Republicans! You're doing an awesome job for the Obama campaign! Come on! The more you say, the more people turn away.

10. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

No worries. By the weekend, Obama will be accused of coercion into the Muslim faith by forcing all hockey players to play field hockey instead of ice hockey. They'll couple that with the onset of Cricket in the US.

BL.

Harpo and Chico were cool too, but you're right. Groucho was the man.

BL.

12. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If Obama is one of the Marx Brothers, he'd have to be Zeppo. You know, the one who played the straight man.

13. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Here we go again with more mud slinging.
    *unsubscribe*

14. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

15. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Hahaha.... wow, I have to admit, this went exactly as planned! I find it hilarious that you guys will spend several pages ridiculing Sarah Palin for her clothing without the slightest worry that the topic might be 'pointless', spend several pages talking about how her most recent baby might actually be her daughter's, just to name a few, and then don't even have time to address the FACT that a man running for the presidency of the United States has Marxist ties.

• He started his political career calling himself a marxist, fact.
    • He started his campaign for the PRESIDENCY in the home of an admitted marxist and terrorist, fact.
    • He stated in his book that as a young man he surrounded himself with Marxists as much as possible, fact.
    • In that same book he criticized the Supreme Court for not "spreading the wealth" enough, fact.
    • At the beginning of this campaign he defended the comments of his half-insane pastor on several occasions, fact.

These are some pretty serious charges... and even if he is a completely different person today, don't you think that these things should at least be discussed and not simply dismissed as "partisan attacks?"

I personally don't even think this is anything to worry about... and I think he is a good man, and a liberal... nothing more. But what is hilarious is how partisan you guys are being saying that it doesn't even deserve to be discussed when you yourselves go ON AND ON about FAR LESS IMPORTANT things on a daily basis. Just pointing out the hypocrisy.

16. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Then this thread is closed. If you want to troll, go elsewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.