Is Oprah being honest about her relationship with Trump?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Mar 11, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics...say-to-president-trump-van-jones-show-sot.cnn

So, Oprah said she hasn't spoken to president Trump since he became president Trump. She cites the last time she saw Trump was at the Ralph Lauren polo bar in 2016. She basically said she was at a table, while Trump was at another table on the other side, implying it was a random coincidence and they didn't speak.

This article confirms Trump was at the Polo bar on June 13, 2016, Monday night.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...t-Service-chauffeurs-one-block-walk-home.html

The article says it Trump was celebrating his 70th birthday. Now lets look at a NYT article that says this restaurant has a month long waiting list.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/07/25/...rvation-at-that-oh-so-popular-restaurant.html

"Ralph Lauren’s latest outpost, the Polo Bar at 1 East 55th Street in Manhattan, has a monthslong waiting list. CreditKarsten Moran for The New York Times"

So back to Oprah. She implied during the CNN interview that she's not buddy-buddy with Trump, and that them being at a restaurant was a coincidence. Yet, the A-list reservation Ralph Lauren Polo Bar has a months long waiting list and we're supposed to believe two billionaires where coincidentally there at the same time and they didn't speak given their history? This isn't an Outback Steakhouse, or a Sizzler, where you can just show up, or make a reservation earlier in the day. Also, she makes a reservation on a Monday night, coincidentally when Trump is running for POTUS and celebrating his birthday? Why not Friday night for such a special occasion? Also, the fact that he has a history with Oprah, she didn't didn't even speak to him? Seriously? I smell deception from Oprah, I'd like your thoughts on this...

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Who asks who else is at a restaurant when they book? I mean seriously?

3. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you're implying it's just a coincidence they had made a reservation at the same time on a Monday night and didn't speak to each other? Two of the most famous and powerful people in America?

4. DearthnVader macrumors 6502a

DearthnVader

The Oprah conspiracy?

Really when Trump took the "birther" bullet for the GOP, that didn't really make him popular with blacks or liberals, and I assume Oprah is both.

Wouldn't be a stretch to say she didn't want to cross the room to be seen with the guy.

5. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

You don't think for a minute that no cameras where allowed and it was an off the record birthday dinner with friends?

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I’m mystified as to why anyone would take the time to think about this for 30 seconds, let alone write a lengthy post about it.

7. chown33 macrumors 604

All we need now is some tarmac (airport optional).

8. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perhaps the possibility that they are good friends and she might run against him as a Democrat?

9. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

So we have a really high end restaurant, with a crazy long wait list, that only rich people go to... And there's actually two rich people at the same time in the restaurant on a random date?

[​IMG]

10. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just a coincidence right? Even if she lives in Montecito, CA, 2,800 miles away?

11. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Sorry, but I don’t get it. What difference does it make whether she said hello to him in a restaurant? Even if she did, it doesn’t prove that they are “good friends”?

12. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

No, she’s lying. I’m guessing she’s had an abortion from him too. I mean who hasn’t by now? Has she signed an NDA like Stormy Weather?

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

She’s a member of the international elite. New York is somewhere they spend their time.

And it’s not that expensive a restaurant. It’s within my budget and I’m not a billionaire or a millionaire.

Oprah doesn’t come across as a self entitled bitch so I doubt she asks who will be at a restaurant she books. Trump might, but I doubt even he is that tedious about a Monday night dinner.

14. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

The fact that she implied she didn't speak to him. Also, do you think it's reasonable to believe she just happened to be there by coincidence when she lives in California, the other side of the country? Wouldn't it make more sense to believe she was invited by Trump?

15. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Rich people eat out a lot. Even New York doesn’t have that many good restaurants. This is clearly one of them.

16. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you think it's more likely that it's just random coincidence that she flew across the country to eat at a NYC restaurant on a Monday night, the same time Trump was there, celebrating his birthday?

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Where is this groundless hypothesis heading?

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Most likely a coincidence, yes.

19. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

That perhaps she's hiding her true relationship with Trump.

20. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

21. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's the $64,000 dollar question. She seems to be publicly distancing herself from him. Possibly a 2020 run.

22. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Fear?

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

She’s a black female elitist liberal. Of course she’s distancing herself from him.

24. 0007776 Suspended

I’m sure she is in NYC quite often, and at a restaurant like that it would not be uncommon for two billionaires to happen to be there the same night. I’ve seen some posts from you that are pretty out there, but this thread just seems to be trying to create a conspiracy out of nothing.

25. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

From what past? What is, or was their relationship?