Is President Obama "divisive"...?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, May 20, 2012.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

...or is the Republican party projecting?

According to the article, Rubio presents nothing to back up those statements.

I've been reading a variation of this article, every few weeks, for months now. "_________ says Obama is dividing nation." Why? What justification do they have for slapping that label on him?

From where we liberals sit, conservatives have control of almost everything, and if you dare to suggest they're wrong about anything, if you don't smile and say "Thank you, sir, may I have another?", you're being divisive.

Is it that Obama's embracing the 99% argument? He sure as hell didn't create that situation. He's just pointing it out. If conservatives want to look at who's been dividing this country, they need only look in the mirror.

Or am I on the wrong track completely? Is it a racial thing? Is he dividing those of us who are OK with a black president from those of us who aren't? Does that enter into it?

How exactly is Obama being "divisive"?

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

regarding the 99% issue. I am tired of hearing about it.
    If they are not paying "enough" taxes, the suits in Washing DC have the power to fix it. Obama can point it out all he wants but what progress has been made in fixing the perceived situtation.

The 1% make a lot of money off of capital gains and pay less tax.
    Well, not being part of the 1% I too pay the same tax as the 1% on capital gains.

If the so called 1% exercise the right to file taxes that are within the law, what are they guilty of. I am sure John Kerry and his wife Teresa Heinz pay tax experts a lot of money to reduce their tax payments.

3. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

One person's "fair game" is another's "divisive".

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yep. And if he wanted to I'm sure Obama could use his influence to persuade other counties to change their policies as well - it would be a popular move worldwide.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Because he makes Republicans hate him.

They truly want to love and accept him.

But Obama keeps pushing them away.

It's really quite sad.

;)

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

He's black, and, "the base" just can't believe the fact that the U.S. elected a black President.

They just "remind" the base every so often about how angry they are about it.

The big lie comes when they try to persuade "swing voters" that what they really care about is unemployment, when in fact, J. P. Morgan Chase is calling the shots:

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/05/14/483552/rnc-chairman-responds-to-jpmorgans-massive-loss-by-saying-we-need-less-financial-regulation/

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Boggle. Boggle. Boggle. :eek:

8. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

He's not divisive. Partisan speeches are never worth listening to from either side. If they could credibly tell the audience that he kicks puppies and is the most un- puppy friendly leader in the history of western civilization, they would.

...you could argue that he is not so "decisive" but that's not so interesting and you'd have to put a lot of politicians in that basket.

9. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you're a racist homophobe, yeah, he's divisive. Otherwise, he's getting the country back in shape, slowly but surely.

10. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

"At a certain point, I've just concluded that — for me personally, it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that — I think same-sex couples should be able to get married. Now — I have to tell you that part of my hesitation on this has also been I didn't want to nationalize the issue."

Obama is one divisive SOB. :rolleyes:

11. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Christ, he's bi-racial, not Black. :mad:

If anything he has more of his Mother's skin pigment than his Father's.

Grow-up, and work with him, divisive Republicans!!!!

12. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

How's that ?

A billion dollar program here that didn't work, another billion dollar one there that didn't work. Take over banks and the auto industry, shut down successful dealerships and keep bankrupt ones in business, based on the owner's political affiliation. Lets not forget government healthcare that is not affordable and that he does not have to participate in. No, I think it's time to STOP him. And yes, he is bi-racial. People tend to forget that. (I also question whether or not he is an American, but that's another topic.)

13. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So that failed did it? LOL.

If this was true how come no-ones taken it to court and won? It must be illegal to do such things.

But the old American way of spending twice as much as everyone else with government healthcare does work?

Nice troll! Did Obama also invent the time machine so he could go back to the year of his "birth" and publish fake reports about it?

14. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Link please?

I have to admit, there's plenty of proof that he's really a Keynesian.

15. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

Way to break up sentences and leave parts out for your own connivence, but that's expected.

Lawsuits take time, but since everybody seams to like links, here is one for you.

http://www.torquenews.com/106/former-chrysler-dealerships-suing-us-treasury

The big news was the bankrupt dealership in Tampa, owned by a Dem, allowed to stay in business, while the prosperous dealership across town, run by a Republican, was closed down.

16. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Is that something we should keep in mind? :confused:

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Oh, sorry which key parts did I miss?

That isn't about their political affiliations though.

Alternatively, it was merely incompetence and/or the "prosperous" dealership wasn't as good as the other one in some way, its highly unlikely to have anything to do with political leanings.

18. MrWillie macrumors 65816

MrWillie

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/2009/05/obama-closing-gop-leaning-car-dealers/37421

Here's one. I would like to find the one that is specific to the two dealerships in what I am positive to be in Tampa.

Not necessarily, but why do people continue to harp on just the one side of him ? Does it really matter if he is black, white, or a little of both ? Whether I agree with the man or not, he is still part of the human race... (I think. :) )

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Apparently to a number of people it does matter.

You can tell it matters because they keep bringing it up.

20. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

According to jnpy!$4g3cwk in Post No. 6 it is.

It's always a liberal who needlessly injects race into a discussion.

21. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It's always a conservative who gets excited about race.

See how good it is to say these things ;).

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

If you read the update at the bottom it points at this statistical study by a blog made by someone in the auto-industry which shows the entire thing to be bogus.

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

If you use Black as a negative slur, you're damn right you should.

I have no trouble with Blacks claiming him as one of their own, because that a positive image.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If you don't see it, it's because you simply choose not to.

25. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Really? Hmmm...somehow I doubt all those death threats made before Obama even took office were made by liberals. Also, just the other day on CNN, I saw one of the GOP talking heads play the race card.

Plenty of conservatives are all wrapped up in race. If you don't think so, then you are in denial.