Is Safari deleting some of my cookies and history?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Siderz, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Siderz macrumors 6502a

On YouTube, you've got that button which changes the player size, I always keep mine at big but sometimes I go to YouTube and it'll go back to the smaller one. Presumably it's a cookie that keeps this. I've just recently switched from Chrome and this is something that never happened to me.

Another thing is on Reddit, I use the Reddit Enhancement Suite extension and one of the features is allowing you to load pictures on the homepage rather than having to click links, RES handily adds images you've loaded to the history and they'll show up as purple (Denoting you've clicked it, rather than blue), but sometimes I'll go back to Reddit and half of the links will be back to blue.

What's causing this? Often I go into private browsing mode and I have a feeling this has something to do with it. The way Safari handles private browsing is very inconvenient.

OSX 10.9.1, Safari 7.0.1

2. Bear macrumors G3

In private browsing mode, Safari (and Firefox) use none of your saved cookies. When you exit private browsing mode, it goes back to using your saved cookies and forgets what you did while in private browsing mode.

3. Siderz thread starter macrumors 6502a

I never go on Reddit/YouTube while in private mode.