is that time to Buy Iphone 7 or wait for a month for new BATCH? (indian)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mandeep148, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Mandeep148 macrumors member

hi,
    i want to buy phone in this range but really confused, im going to buy iphone 7, DEAD/stuck pixel in display is Scary thing for me,
    should i buy now, is there any problem going on with it? should i wait for one month?
    any batch info?

2. beernut macrumors 6502

let's say you do wait a month....
    -you'd have to wait a while to then see if THAT batch of phones have an reports of defects.
    -then while waiting for those reports you start seeing more rumors of what's coming in the NEXT iphone.
    -You get interested in those rumors and wait a little longer to see if the rumors get substantiated.
    -By the time you're done waiting for THOSE rumors to pan out, you wonder again if you should then buy your iphone 7 at that point.
    -In which case enough time would have passed so that the next iphone is just a few months away and people will suggest to WAIT because release of the next generation phone will drop the price of the iphone 7 or have enough features to justify getting the latest model.
    -Next generation phone is released and then see the top of this post (incrementing the iphone generation number by 1)

3. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Any iPhone, including the "new batch" could have a stuck or dead pixel or a number of other problems. I guess I am lucky and had few defects with any of my iPhones for years now.

If yours has a problem, can you not return it to where you purchased it in India?

4. Mandeep148 thread starter macrumors member

in india store there is no policy of refund or return...
    should i buy from amazon? does they replace dead pixel phones?

5. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I have a launch day iPhone 7 and it has zero defects.

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

I have a launch day 7 Plus in the same condition. I'm not denying that some of the phones have problems, just that mine doesn't.

7. beernut macrumors 6502

Does amazon even sell google pixel phones that are alive?
    I say wait 42 days