All iPads Is the Air's Screen Less Of A Fingerprint Magnet?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by AppleRobert, Nov 2, 2013.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I only owned the 4th gen for a brief time. Is the Air in your opinion any less of a fingerprint magnet compared to the other IPads, especially the larger ones?

It leaves fingerprints but nothing I would categorize as extreme or even an issue personally.

2. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

My screen looks like I dropped a pepperoni pizza on it, and I'm a frequent hand washer....not OCD, but frequent. :D

3. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

No, the same but it's really only noticeable when it's off. Being the OCD person that I am, I have a mocrofibre cloth to wipe it down occasionally.

4. twintin macrumors 6502

Isn't the iPad screens supposed to have some kind of oleophobic coating or something similar to prevent fingerprints to stick or is it that these kind of coatings simply do not work as advertised ?

5. ZipZap macrumors 601

Ocd and occasionally do not jibe

6. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

They say it has one. Either they don't work or they'd look even worse without it.

If there was some breakthrough that made it better than previous models

1. They'd have announced it and talked about it. A lot.
    2. It would have been on the iPhone 5s

7. JTravers macrumors 6502a

The oleophobic coating makes it easier to wipe the fingerprints off. I've seen aftermarket ipad replacement screens without the coating. The big difference was that fingerprints smeared when wiping the screen instead of coming right off like on an original Apple ipad screen.

8. Macmaniman¡ macrumors newbie

Yup it is. Thing is it wears of in time I'd say around 6months