Is the Apple LED Cinema Display (27") the same display as the one in the iMac 27"?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by doxavita, Feb 26, 2011.

1. doxavita macrumors 6502a

Is the Apple LED Cinema Display (27" flat panel, $999) the same kind of display used in the iMac 27"?

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

The bonus is that it is sitting in its own case without being toasted from the back by the rest of the iMac.

3. Grolsch30 macrumors member

Would that explain why the ACD does not have any screen issues like the yellowing, backlight leakage, screen smokey in places?

I sent my imac27 back because of these issues and waiting to see if the issue has either been resolved on the refresh or get (after refresh) a mac mini with an ACD (also after refresh).

Probably will work out the same price or even dearer compared to an imac27 (with i5 cpu) but just cant be doing with these issues.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I doubt that's why your screen was like that. Components in the back shouldnt have anything to do with it.

5. Grolsch30 macrumors member

Wonder what it is causing the screen issues with the imac when i have not heard/read anything about any issues with the ACD, unless they are made by different manufacturers or are just not the same build (different components etc)

Interesting...